Sony a7S II Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Satisfy your hunger for creating digital masterpieces with the Sony a7S II mirrorless camera body. It captures images and in-camera 4K video with stunning realism thanks to a 12.2MP full-frame Exmor sensor and BIONZ X processor. Built-in 5-axis image stabilization helps eliminate camera shake and the electronic shutter lets you shoot silently.
- More Information
- Equipped with a 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor, the a7S II captures stunning images with a wide dynamic range and true-to-life colour reproduction in 12.2MP resolution. Play back and admire the lifelike, vibrant colours of the balloons, streamers, and decorations at your daughter's 5th birthday party, output in brilliant 4K resolution on your compatible TV.
- The BIONZ X image processing engine faithfully reproduces textures as seen by the naked eye for more realistic images with precise detail and richer tonal gradations. You won't just capture your daughter's smile but the heavy layers of chocolate cake encrusted on her face.
- Featuring an expanded ISO sensitivity range of 50 to 409600, the Exmor sensor and BIONZ X combine to deliver incredibly detailed images with exceptional clarity, texture, and low noise when shooting in extreme low light at mid to high ISO ranges. Easily capture all the splendour right before she blows out the candles on the cake.
- Built-in 5-axis image stabilization compensates for 5 types of commonly experienced camera shake, including pitch at yaw at long focal lengths, horizontal and vertical shift at high magnification, and roll during long exposure. Shoot everything from once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday situations, worry free.
- Capture decisive moments and fast-moving subjects with 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting. Thanks to a spatial object detection algorithm that optimizes control of the lens drive, the a7S II delivers sharp, well-exposed images shot continuously.
- Optimized for video recording, the fast Intelligent AF system with 169-point contrast detection delivers precise focusing. So that moment when your daughter runs to her grandparents to thank them for the birthday gift is recorded smoothly and accurately.
- Enhanced Lock-on AF tracking keeps moving subjects in sharp focus, so capturing the antics of your mischievous dog sneaking treats under the table is smooth and stable.
- Eye Autofocus lets you capture the perfect portraiture. Enhanced eye detection can recognize a single pupil, creating sharp focus on faces, even if your subject is partially turned away from the camera with a shallow depth of field.
- Flexible Spot AF area focus allows you to select a small, medium, or large AF area to match the size of your subject, ensuring the a7S II focuses on the right spot. Expanded Flexible Spot AF use autofocus points around the selected point helping to support accurate focus.
- In-camera 4K UHD video recording produces near-cinematic footage with phenomenal depth, clarity, and colour. The a7S II uses the XAVC S format, ensuring you get maximum clarity and detail. XAVC S records at 100Mbps when recording 4K and 50Mbps for Full HD footage. The a7S II records 4K UHD video at up to 30fps and Full HD video at 120fps for slow-motion videos.
- The a7S II supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format, making the most of the full-frame sensor's wide dynamic range and ensuring maximum quality of tonal gradation.
- Equipped with an electronic shutter, the a7S II has a silent shooting mode, ideal for photographing without interrupting events, performances, or any time where shooting silently is essential. The electronic shutter doesn't move so you'll capture high-resolution photos with no camera shake.
- High-contrast XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder with Zeiss T Coating lets you view your surroundings in rich detail. It features a 4-lens optical system with double-sided aspherical elements that minimizes surface reflections and offers an extra-wide field of view. Preview your recordings, including the effects of camera settings, so you can tweak exposure, colour, and focus before taking the picture.
- Tiltable 3-inch 1228K-dot LCD screen flips up about 107 degrees and down 41 degrees so you can indulge in perfectly framed low-angle shots, and change your view on a whim. Dare to stand on the cliff's edge and photograph the plunging depths below.
- Shoot like a pro thanks to instant access to the features you need to shoot on the fly, including full manual control and 10 customizable buttons that allow you to assign 1 of 65 common functions to any of those buttons. Quickly choose shooting modes and camera settings with a rear-mounted control wheel, front and rear dials, and exposure compensation dial.
- The a7S II sports advanced shooting features, such as focus magnify that lets you zoom into the image to fine-tune the focus, focus peaking that lets you see what areas of the frame are in focus, and zebra assist that shows you areas in your image that are overexposed. The a7S II also has 13 creative filters, auto HDR, and more, allowing you to add unique flair to your images.
- Equipped with a Multi Interface Shoe, the a7S II lets you take advantage of a range of accessories, such as video lights and shotgun microphones (not included) to help you create more professional-looking videos. Built-in audio and microphone jacks let you connect an external microphone and monitor sound with a set of headphones.
- Lightweight design features a robust magnesium alloy body and lens mount that's dust and moisture resistant. Get peace of mind that your gear will survive if the weather becomes unfriendly.
- An anti-dust system and anti-static coating ensure that dry or moist particles that could get in when you're swapping lenses won't stick to the optical filter, keeping your photos blemish free.
- A full-size pistol grip and repositioned shutter button ensure a secure natural hold on the camera. Enjoy comfortable handheld shooting with less camera shake, even with a large lens.
- With Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps, you can find apps that'll let you control and view your camera from a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, as well as share and save photos. Post those thrilling shots of your multi-day hike directly on Facebook, given you can find a Wi-Fi connection in the wild.
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing easy. The PlayMemories Mobile app lets you touch your camera to an Android smartphone or tablet, and create an instant connection through NFC for sharing, remote control, and basic editing.
- Sony's lithium-ion rechargeable NP-FW50 battery lasts up to 290 stills on a single charge, while the innovative InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.
Full-frame advantage, BIONZ X performance
Stable and focused
Capture and record in 4K
Frame the shot the way you want
Share your highlights
- Details & Specs
Storage & Interface
- What's Included
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- AC Adaptor
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
- Perfect for filming kids' birthday parties and under the table dog antics
from Toronto, ON on July 31, 2016
I was going to just use the camera in my phone, but after reading Sony's informative product description I realized that a four thousand dollar camera famed for its low light capabilities was the only real option for my mundane needs. Cashing in my daughter's college savings was clearly the right choice, years from now she will look back to the photos of her 5th birthday to remember the year she got no presents (after all, still had to buy a lense and memory card to make the thing work).
- Return Policy