Ring WiFi 720p Video Doorbell - Satin Nickel
See who's there with the Ring Video Doorbell. Battery operated and WiFi enabled, it lets you view live HD video, hear audio, and communicate using your compatible smartphone or tablet -- from anywhere. It features motion sensors that detect movement up to 30 feet, sends you automatic alerts, and stores recorded footage to the cloud.
- More Information
- HD camera: See what's happening with a clear, wide-angle view of your home's entrance in high definition, 24/7 thanks to night vision.
- Mobile monitoring via WiFi: Connected to your home WiFi network, it can stream live video to your compatible smartphone or tablet via the free iOS or Android Ring app -- even when you're not at home, wherever you've got an internet connection.
- Motion detection: Built-in motion sensors detect movement up to 30 feet and trigger instant mobile alerts via the Ring App.
- Two-way communication: Hear what's happening and be heard clearly, with a microphone featuring echo cancellation and two configurable speakers.
- Cloud recording: Automatically save triggered video recordings to the cloud and review from your Ring app.
- Easy installation: All tools are included to mount the Ring in just minutes. Then just use the Ring app to connect to your WiFi network.
- Dual-power options: Uses a built-in rechargeable battery, or can be powered using your existing doorbell wiring.
- Certified for outdoor use: A weather-resistant design with an operating temperature range from -20C to 40C prevents damage from the elements
You're comfortably in bed enjoying a movie when someone rings your doorbell. Your smartphone not only lets you know, but lets you see streaming HD video live from your Ring Video Doorbell. It's the delivery you've been waiting for, finally. Too bad you're currently in a hotel -- in a different time zone.
Good thing this smart doorbell does more than just make noise. With the push of a button you speak to the delivery driver and let him know to leave it with the neighbour.
That was easy. That's convenient.
And then there's security. With built-in motion detection up to 30 feet, night vision, instant mobile alerts, and automatic video recording to the cloud, you've got awareness and evidence of activity near your front door, whether someone rings or not.
And since you can not only hear but speak and be heard from anywhere, you can appear to be home, even when you're not.
- Details & Specs
- What's Included
- Ring Doorbell
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- Mounting Bracket And Level
- Screwdriver Bit
- Drill Bit
- Concrete Screws & Anchors
- Weather Sealant
- Users Manual
- Only lasted a year in Toronto
from Toronto, ON on January 16, 2019
When it was working, it was great! Encountered some WiFi issues initially but once I moved my router the connection was good and performance was as advertised. Motion alert is triggered easily but there are some instances where it wasn't working at all when someone walked right up in front of it. I bought this in December 2017 and in November 2018 I started encountering issues. At first I thought the battery was going but it turns out the whole unit is malfunctioning. After trying to trouble shoot the problem with support through December into January, I think it's toast. So it lasted just around 1 year from purchase, I'm seeing if Ring is able to warranty it for me at this point since the problem was occurring prior to the warranty ending or if I'm out of luck. Ultimately, the technology is good but hardware at this price range is going to fail being expose to the elements 24/7 in Canada. I'm in Toronto, and we've had mild winters both years, so I doubt this thing would hold up in colder winters in other parts of Canada.
- Way Better Options Than Ring!
from Langley, BC on October 23, 2018
Do what I didn't, a quick web search on these doorbells and you will find quickly that Ring is by far the worst of the bunch, even if you don't mind paying for storage. 1. Every other major brand provides some sort of free option for video storage, not Ring. 2. Many other major brands offer API an integration beyond connecting to the paid cloud service, not Ring. 3. I've done a ton of testing, and Ring has purposely coded into their app a block to the video feed when the doorbell is rung if you don't pay for service. That's correct. Open the app and click live view, no problem. Close the app, ring the doorbell, open the app and click live view. Fail every time! This device is not worth the plastic it made from. Garbage!
- Battery only last a year and expensive to use after trial
from Coquitlam, BC on October 6, 2018
Would not recommend the Ring to anyone. The Battery only last a couple days after year in use. Also you can't review the videos taken by Ring after the initial trial period unless you pay heavy monthly fee.
- Return Policy