Nintendo Labo Toy-Con Variety Kit (Switch)
Who knew cardboard could be so much fun? With this Nintendo Labo Toy-Con Variety Kit you can make 6 different Toy-Con creations and bring them to life using your Nintendo Switch system (sold separately). Follow the included instructions and you can create a 13-key piano, motorbike, fishing rod, house, and a pair of RC cars.
- More Information
- Designed exclusively for use with the Nintendo Switch system (sold separately)
- Kit includes materials to assemble the following 6 different Toy-Con creations: 2 RC cars, fishing rod, house, motorbike, and 13-key piano
- Use the pre-cut cardboard materials to build each Toy-Con project, then customize them with your own stickers, paint, and more
- Projects are easy to assemble thanks to step-by-step instructions included in the Nintendo Labo software
- Bring each creation to life by inserting a Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (sold separately) to interact with the Nintendo Labo software in a variety of different games; catch fish, race a motorbike, play music, and morel
- Nintendo Labo lets you explore your curiosity to discover the mechanics of how each Toy-Con works and interacts with the Nintendo Switch technology
- Find creative ways to customize your Toy-Con creations and invent new ways to play with Nintendo Labo
- Free software update is available for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, allowing you to use the Toy-Con Motorbike to control your in-game vehicles (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold separately)
Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership may be required for online play. Please check the game detail page on Nintendo.com for membership requirements.
- Details & Specs
Number of Players
- What's Included
- Pre-cut Cardboard
- Game Cards
- Absolutely magical product, kudos Nintendo!
from Chilliwack, BC on April 26, 2018
I can't believe the number of people completely missing the point of this innovative new product. To get it out of the way the number one complaint I see on this is that the building toys are cardboard, not accounting for the fact that its fantastically well engineered. Nintendo has seriously gone to an incredibly amount of effort to ensure each piece fits perfectly with the others, is easy to break out of the flat pack even for the little ones (my daughter is six and has no trouble), includes spare pieces for the ones that they know will wear out, and has even accounted for the strength of the cardboard in moving pieces and overbuilt them significantly. While I'm sure that the cardboard will wear out, I'm confident that my kids will get a crazy amount of play time out of the them before they do. The software itself is fantastic, walking you through each step of the assembly with simple to follow and funny instructions, that's a pleasure in itself and even my 6 year old is able to follow along. Each model takes a couple hours to build, and there are 5 preset models before you get to the 'Garage' portion, so you're looking at 9-10 hours of value right off the bat even before you play the games. Each of the games is well above your normal mini games with hidden secrets, multiple levels or minigames in each, and each uses the Labo creations in almost 'magical' ways using the IR/motion/touchscreen to read colour patterns on the cardboard pieces or gauge movement, its just amazing the look on my kids faces when they build a complex cardboard 'button' assembly, plug it in to a hole in another creation and see it interact with the switch without any wires or actual physical connections. Taking in to account you basically get a programming suite (The garage aspect), about 8 or 9 separate games, and enough actual cardboard constructions to keep you busy for hours you won't be disappointed in the least by this one. Definitely well worth the money and honestly its a bargain considering the standard single player 7-10 games on the market charging near the same price.
- Return Policy