Google Home Mini - Chalk
Small, simple, and powerful. Say hello to Google Home Mini. This helpful voice-activated smart home speaker is powered by Google Assistant, giving you hands-free control of your smart home, including Nest, Philips Hue, Belkin, and WeMo devices. Ask the Mini questions, tell it do things, and get answers from Google using only your voice.
- More Information
- Your personal assistant in a box: Your very own voice-enabled PA helps you stay organized and keeps you up to date about your schedule, commute, flight information, grocery shopping, and much more
- Google knows: Google Home Mini is a calculator, dictionary, and translator all in one, and provides real time answers on the latest weather, traffic, finance, sports, and much more
- State-of-the-art voice technology: Google Home Mini can hear your voice from afar with its far-field microphones, and can distinguish between users to serve multiple family members
- The heart of your smart home: Google Home Mini is compatible with Nest, IFTTT, Philips Hue lighting, Belkin, and WeMo
- Details & Specs
- What's Included
- Google Home Mini
- Quick Start Guide
- Waste of money and time, expensive paperweight
from Winkler, MB on February 25, 2019
I bought this after hearing such good things about the mini,boy was I disappointed. The functionality is so limited on apple devices. It is unable to complete most simple tasks or requests. I’ve asked it to verbally remind me of event or calendar item and all it can say is I’m sorry I can’t do that right now. It will not make calls for my or read messages I receive. Again I get the I’m sorry I can’t do that right now. It should state in advertising and description that the functionality with Apple devices is extremely limited. 95% of the time it’s a expensive paper weight. The only thing it will do on a regular basis i is turn my light off and I could do that within the lighting app. Now I’m off to shop for ALEXA products
- Very useful more than I thought it would be.
from Surrey, BC on November 4, 2018
The Google mini and it's bigger brother the Google home are surprisingly useful. I originally purchased them as I was curious about their usefulness for those with physical disabilities but who could speak clearly. My personal disability Is cerebal palsy. . Currently I have five smart lights and a smart TV under their control. I soon plan to have at least one set of smart blinds connected to them as well. I know the technology is still evolving. It is quite liberating to be able to do simple everyday tasks with just your voice. It is good enough that the entire group home I am living in is considering implementing Google home in a few of their other Apartments. Additionally Google home and the Google mini are a lot of fun! All of the smart devices are in a continuous state of evolving and being updated. This technology is very promising. Highly recommend the Google mini. The sound quality for its size is also surprisingly good.
- Limited functionality
from Winnipeg, MB on September 5, 2018
Great product but not on it's own. You need to have paid subscription for music and it does't support apple music. It's also not apple devices friendly. For home lights, thermostat and other voice command functions you will need to purchase hardware and they are not cheap currently. Does't have GM key fob functionality like Alexa. Unless you are willing to switch to google products or already are using them it has very limited functionality.
- Return Policy