- Philips Hue A19 Smart LED Light Bulb Starter Kit with Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Charcoal$189.98SAVE $30
- FosPower (5 Ports) 5x1 HDMI Switcher - Support Ultra HD 4K x 2K | MHL | 3D 1080p - Include IR Remote Control & Power Adapter$70.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Bulb - LED Smart Light (A19, E26) - Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$45.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Hub & 2 Smart Chromas - Starter Kit (A19, E26) - Color and Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$208.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Chroma - LED Smart Light (A19, E26) - Color and Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$75.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Hub - LED Smart Light (A19, E26) - Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$104.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Hub & 3 Smart Bulbs - Starter Kit (A19, E26) - Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$195.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Hub & 3 Smart Chromas - Starter Kit (A19, E26) - Color and Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$248.99Marketplace seller
- Lumenari ELA Smart Hub & 2 Smart Bulbs - Starter Kit (A19, E26) - Temperature Tuneable, Alexa & IFTTT$169.99Marketplace seller
FAQ About Smart Lights
Let’s face it: we’re living in an era of smart technology. From smartphones to smartwatches, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn’t used a smart device. Yes, the smart wave is stronger than ever, particularly when it comes to smart home products. Smart lights are revolutionizing life at home and illuminating a whole world of possibilities through the magic of wireless connectivity.
What are smart lights and what can they do for me?
Generally compatible with both iPhone and Android, smart lights use WiFi, Bluetooth or a hub/bridge to connect to your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to control your lighting from virtually anywhere. But there's a whole lot more to them than that.
Create custom schedules that fit in with your routine, dim or brighten a room effortlessly from your smartphone, or program them to pulse together with your house alarm. The list goes on.
As smart lights use light-emitting diodes (LEDs), they're also more energy-efficient and longer-lasting than traditional bulbs, so they'll save you money in the long run. Forgot to turn your lights off? A tap on your smartphone can take care of that, saving you even more.
How do smart lights work? Are they easy to install?
A lot of smart lighting products simply screw into a standard socket, making installation as easy as replacing a burned out light bulb. Just screw in the bulbs, set up the wireless connectivity, and you're good to go. Other products, like remote control light switches and smart dimmers, may require some basic wiring during installation.
How do I integrate smart lights with other smart home devices?
Some smart lighting products are compatible with ecosystems like Nest, which bridges communication standards and allows smart products from different brands to work together.
Smart lights can also support IFTTT (if this, then that), a cloud-based application that allows your compatible smart products to join forces to automatically follow IFTTT commands, opening up a whole world of possibilities. Think: A family member unlocks the August Smart Lock on your front door and triggers a living room smart light to change colour.
Want more info about smart lights? Check out these resources: