- Contixo H1 Kids Headphones Volume Limited with Ultra-Thin Speakers Soft Fleece Headband (Dinosaur)$22.99SAVE $17Marketplace seller
- Contixo H1 Kids Headphones Volume Limited with Ultra-Thin Speakers Soft Fleece Headband (Crab)$22.99SAVE $17Marketplace seller
- Jabra Elite 85h Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones - Gold Beige - Only at Best Buy$399.99
- Jabra Elite 85h Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones - Titanium Black - Only at Best Buy$399.99
- Ovleng Over-Ear Bluetooth: 4.1 Headphone (HDST-BLUETOOTH-S77GO) - Gold$29.99SAVE $10Marketplace seller
FAQ About Over-Ear Headphones
When you really want to tune into your music, nothing beats a pair of over-ear headphones. These robust headphones rest over the ear to immerse you in your favourite playlists -- from soul-shaking techno beats to moody ballads. Focus on your soundscape and forget the world around you with the right pair of over-ear headphones.
What are over-ear headphones?
Over-ear headphones, also known as circumaural headphones, completely envelop your ears in cushioned ear pads to block out ambient noise and accentuate your tunes. Equipped with large drivers, these headphones often pump out higher-quality sound and bass than their on-ear headphones and in-ear counterparts.
What are over-ear headphones best for?
Audiophiles, DJs, and music lovers will appreciate the depth, clarity, and volume that over-ear headphones provide. Because they're often heavier and bulkier than other types of headphones, over-ear styles are best suited for use at home, in the office, in the recording studio, or on the DJ stage. They're comfortable for long periods of wear because the ear cups surround the outer ears rather than press against them.
What features should I look for in over-ear headphones?
Bluetooth connectivity lets you wirelessly connect the headphones to your compatible music player, so you're not tangled in a jumble of wires. Look for noise-cancelling over-ear headphones if you want to drown out low, ambient noise such as the hum of an air conditioner or airplane. If you're a recording artist, DJ, producer, or other music professional, consider studio-quality headphones that are specially tuned for accurate sound reproduction. For convenient storage and portability, look for over-ear headphones that fold flat.