Action Cameras & Camcorders
- GoPro HERO7 Waterproof HD Sports & Helmet Camera - Limited Edition Dusk White - Only at Best Buy$529.99
- Canon VIXIA HF R82 32GB HD Flash Memory Camcorder with Tripod & Carrying Case - Black - Open Box$389.99
- Bellhowell Elbdnv6Hdbk Bell+Howell 20.0 Megapixel Rogue Dnv6Hd 1080P Ir Night-Vision Camcorder$228.15Marketplace seller
- Bell & Howell DV50HD-BK 20.0 Megapixel 1080p DV50HD Fun-Flix Camcorder - Black$233.54Marketplace seller
- Bell & Howell DV30HD-BL 20.0 Megapixel 1080p DV30HD Fun-Flix Slim Camcorder - Blue$217.18Marketplace seller
- Bell & Howell DV30HD-P 20.0 Megapixel 1080p DV30HD Fun-Flix Slim Camcorder - Purple$209.7Marketplace seller
- Bell+Howell Elbdv7Hdbl Bell+Howell 16.0 Megapixel Slice Ii Dv7Hd Ultraslim 1080P Hd Camcorder (Blue)$280.44Marketplace seller
- Pyle Audio - Home A-V PHTCM48 Night Vision Wild Game Trail Scouting Camera - Waterproof$253.62Marketplace seller
- Bell & Howell DV30HD-BK 20.0 Megapixel 1080p DV30HD Fun-Flix Slim Camcorder - Black$212.3Marketplace seller
- Bell+Howell Elbdv7Hdgy Bell+Howell 16.0 Megapixel Slice Ii Dv7Hd Ultraslim 1080P Hd Camcorder (Gray)$274.09Marketplace seller
- SJCAM Original SJ5000 WIFI Novatek 96655 14MP 170 Degree Wide Angle 1080P Sport Action Camera Waterproof Cam HD Camcorder$149.95Marketplace seller
FAQ About Action Cameras & Camcorders
Capturing life's precious moments on video is something people have enjoyed for decades. Over the years, technology has soared and the selection has broadened greatly, allowing for limitless possibilities. Whether you're looking to record things like your kid's piano recitals, or are all about documenting your extreme outdoor adventures, you're sure to find a device that suits your needs perfectly. But what to go for, a camcorder or an action camera? Read on to find out which is best for you.
What's the difference between a camcorder and an action camera?
A camcorder is your traditional handheld video camera recorder that's perfect for capturing special occasions or moments in time. The classic go-to for making home videos, camcorders are intuitive and easy to use, offering handy features like optical zoom, manual focus, and exposure controls so you can document the scene easily and effectively.
Action cameras are small, durable, lightweight, and wearable or mountable devices designed to come along for the ride on all your exciting outdoor escapades. Attach it to your helmet or mount it to pretty much anything from a bike to a surfboard to document those exhilarating moments so you can revisit them any time you want.
What are the different types of camcorders?
When shopping for a camcorder, you'll come across ones with a flash memory, hard disk drive, or both. Flash memory camcorders are equipped with a slot for memory cards that are used to store your footage. With a hard disk drive camcorder, there's no need for additional cards, as footage is recorded directly to the built-in hard drive. You'll often find camcorders that have both features as an option.
What should I look for when buying a camcorder or action camera?
When it comes to camcorders, you'll want to consider major factors such as size, type, weight, resolution, storage capacity, and audio quality. What's more, look into controls and features like autofocus, zoom (optical, digital), WiFi, microphone, image stabilizer, and flip-out LCD screen.