Sphero Star Wars R2-D2 App-Enabled Droid (R201FCA) - White/Blue
It's definitely the droid you've been looking for. This veteran Rebel Alliance R2-D2 astromech app-controlled droid by Sphero features authentic movements with emotive waddles and more. A built-in speaker lets you hear R2's iconic beeps and boops. Use the Watch with Me feature to view select Star Wars films and R2 reacts beside you.
- More Information
- Connect R2-D2 to your smart device and control it with Bluetooth Smart
- One new app allows you to control R2-D2, watch Star Wars films, explore starships in augmented reality, and more
- Features authentic movements so R2-D2 will switch between tripod and bipod stances, and display emotive waddles
- R2-D2’s dome is equipped with working vibrant LED lights
- An integrated speaker lets you hear R2's iconic beeps and boops right from the droid itself
- Use the Sphero Droids app to go on an augmented reality journey with R2 through the interior of the Millennium Falcon, and more
- Watch with Me feature allows you to view select films from the Star Wars saga with the droid interacting and reacting by your side
- Droid-to-Droid experience feature allows R2-D2 to interact with other Star Wars app-enabled droids (each sold separately)
- Details & Specs
- Flashback to my childhoodby Brosee
from kitchener, ON on July 3, 2018
"Excuse me sir, but that R2-D2 is in prime condition, a real bargain" - C3PO to Luke. I have been waiting a long time for this to go down to a price that I could justify paying to my wife;) Yahoo.....so happy and going back to get the bb8 as well. I strongly recommend picking up this droid. This is the droid you are looking for.....
- This Is the Droid for every Star Wars fan.by Sherry Friday
from KITCHENER, ON on May 30, 2018
This Sphero R2 Droid is amazing. Amazing detail and sturdy for a little guy. Still learning all of what he can do and having so much fun. Watched a movie with him yesterday and was totally amazed and amused at how R2 reacts to certain characters and situations during the movie. Now I want a BB-8 and hope Sphero comes out with a C3PO.
- This Droid is Programmable!by Bill Keenan
from Edmonton, AB on May 1, 2018
- Great, but not that great..by Byron Vasquez
from North York, ON on December 29, 2017
Got this droid for Christmas as I've been wanting one for quite some time. The first thing that surprised was the size. I never saw an ad nor the physical thing in person so based on the images I've seen online, I assume it was life-size, but that still did not disappoint me. What really had disappointed me was the lack of features! On the box, in which the features were over exaggerated, it tells you all the cool stuff you can do, I only found one or two interesting. Let's start out with the features I liked. I enjoyed having the ability to drive Artoo along with the actions you can make him do, it crept the hell out of my dogs. You could also put him auto-drive mode, though he's not able to do much, it is pretty sick. Other than that, there were no other appealing features. When the box said it could do holographic simulations, it's actually AR. The experience was not that great as you see things through the eyes of Artoo, a blue vision. Plus, the experience was not very responsive. Apparently, you can also watch movies with it. It was confusing how to set it up. When you choose the movie you want to watch, it takes a while to load so I didn't really know what happened afterwards. I assume you need to own the movie through the device your using such as iTunes or Google Play. Another thing that really sucked was the fact it was a dirt/ dog-hair magnet. I have two dogs running around in my house and the wheels of Artoo had picked up so much of their hair eventually getting stuck in between the wheels. This ruined the performance of Artoo making him slower and less responsive. As much as I tried, I was not successful with removing the dirt and dog hair out of the wheels. Overall, Artoo is a great toy if you're looking for something to control. However, I feel like its price does not live up to its features because, in reality, you'll likely only use the driving one.
- Awesomeby Droid owner
from Scarborough, ON on December 26, 2017
Definitely the droid I was looking for. Lot's of features to make-believe the droid has personality.
- R2D2 Sphero Droidby Bryan
from Ottawa, ON on September 20, 2017
This is a great droid a miniature of the real droid. The sounds coming right from the droid and not the app is a new and cool thing. He moves really well on the tracks but wondering and hoping they last a long time. Overall a great addition to the family of droids and here's hoping they make a C3PO.
- This truely is the droid you're looking for.by J. Codling
from Sarnia, ON on September 8, 2017
Fast charging. Easy to operate. Very "lifelike." Looks good just sitting on my desk. When powered up and your not doing anything it moves and makes noises which gives it the feeling it is truly a little R2D2. I took off 1 star because of the following: I'm not sure how long the tracks will last. They seem pretty thin. The internal battery is not easily replaced. Overall this is the best Sphero droid yet although I am biased as R2D2 is my favourite character in the Star Wars Universe. Its the only character that has "lived" through it all without having it's memory wiped.
- Return Policy