Sony A6000 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens Kit
Capture life at its finest with the Sony a6000 compact system camera with 16-50mm zoom lens. It snaps stunning 24.3MP images with realistic details, and records Full HD video. Built-in WiFi lets you control the camera through your compatible smartphone or tablet, while DSLR functionality lets you shoot like a pro without all the bulk.
- More Information
- The 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor brings out the beauty in even the simplest things. It delivers incredible detail and low noise, so you can capture not only the fine texture of a butterfly's wings as it rests gracefully on a nearby shrub but also the veined surface of the leaf it's sitting on.
- The APS-C sensor size, the same sensor format found in Sony's full-sized Alpha DSLR camera lines, combines high resolution and sensitivity in a body half the size and weight of standard DSLRs. Now stopping to rest during a hike opens up a world of possibility, with a camera that gives you the flexibility to endow simple moments with your own artistic flair.
- Bionz X processor works seamlessly with the sensor to produce crisp still images with area-specific noise reduction, true colour rendering, and detail reproduction. Infuse your butterfly photo with a sense of vibrant realism, and capture what your eye perceives, highlighting the subtle beauty of the delicate, brightly patterned scales.
- High-sensitivity ISO 100-25600 limits the noise in the picture for superb clarity in dim situations. Bring to light the lush variety of flora and fauna often hidden in the forest undergrowth, and when you need it, pop up the built-in flash to give your subject the "sharp" attention it deserves.
- The included 16-50mm E-mount retractable Power Zoom lens is small and compact, barely protruding from the front of your camera so you can still slide your a6000 in your jacket pocket with the lens attached. It features ED and aspherical elements for reliably sharp and detailed images well suited to everyday shooting
- Capture the perfect moment thanks to rapid 11fps (frames per second) continuous shooting with AF (auto focus) tracking. And with enhanced Lock-on AF tracking you can keep moving subjects in sharp focus, meaning the rapid scurrying of a squirrel with your friend's stolen bag of trail mix is caught with superb clarity and detail.
- The a6000 employs 4D FOCUS that uses a wide AF (autofocus) area with 179 phase-detection AF points for accurate focusing throughout the frame, Fast Hybrid AF (phase detection and contrast detection) that accurately measures the distance to the subject by locking on to it in as little as 0.06 second, and an advanced AF algorithm that predicts the subject's movement for quick, precise AF tracking.
- Record Full HD 1080p videos in slower 24p frames per second for a traditional, cinematic effect, or catch your buddy's impressive back flip off a rocky boulder in fast 60p.
- AVCHD codec lets you record beautiful Blu-ray picture quality, while the computer-friendly MP4 codec makes it easy to compress your files and upload to the web. This way you can fully appreciate your recording finesse displayed in Blu-ray quality on a monitor or big-screen TV, or post directly on Facebook for instant updates to your social network.
- High-contrast Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder lets you view your landscape shot in rich detail. Preview your recordings, including the effects of camera settings, so you can tweak exposure, colour, and focus before taking the picture.
- Tiltable 3-inch 921K-dot LCD screen flips up about 90 degrees and down 45 degrees so you can indulge in perfectly framed low-angle shots, and change your view on a whim. Dare to stand on the cliff's edge and photograph the plunging depths below.
- The a6000 sports a small, lightweight design while offering immediate access to functions you need to shoot like a pro, including full manual control and 7 customizable buttons. Quickly choose shooting modes and camera settings with a rear-mounted control wheel and 2 top dials.
- Equipped with a Multi Interface Shoe, the a6000 lets you take advantage of a range of accessories, such as video lights and shotgun microphones (not included). These accessories help you create more professional-looking videos.
- With Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps, you can find apps that'll let you control and view your camera from a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, as well as share and save photos. Post those thrilling shots of your multi-day hike directly on Facebook, given you can find a Wi-Fi connection in the wild.
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing easy. The PlayMemories Mobile app lets you touch your camera to an Android smartphone or tablet, and create an instant connection through NFC for sharing, remote control, and basic editing.
- Sony's lithium-ion rechargeable NP-FW50 battery lasts up to 360 stills on a single charge, while the innovative InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.
One fine shot, one captivating story
Capture the energy behind your moving shots
Easy to handle
Share your highlights
- Details & Specs
Storage & Interface
- 0062by Maceve
from Kitchener, ON on February 10, 2019
Buy one today, disappointment why the Battery Charger aren't included?
- Sony 6000by Spencer Lapointe
from Kelowna B.C. on November 3, 2018
Great camera easy to use and crystal clear pictures anyone can use it and look like a professional.
- Naaah...by Picture it
from Windsor, ON on August 24, 2018
If you are looking for a camera which will be used for single picture shots, this is good camera. But, for that purpose you can find much cheaper and simpler camera. Anything top do with videos or sports, burst, shooting, stay away from this camera. Overheats quickly, quality of video is noticeably worse as camera gets warmer. SONY released some software updates but it did not help. Lifting the LCD screen helps a bit, you gain about a minute or so before camera shuts down. Software and controls are acceptable but for the target customer base, amateur occasional users, should be way simpler and user friendly. Quality is OK so far, almost a year in use. Lots o f reports of the problems just after warranty, 1 year, expires. Remains to be seen. Feels bit flimsy, LCD display especially. Overall, not recommended.
- Return Policy