Sony Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones (WH1000XM2) - Black
Enjoy epic studio-calibre sound while you're on the go with this pair of wireless Sony over-ear noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones. Powerful 40mm drivers propel rich sound that can be customized and adjusted to your heart's content with a compatible app on your smart device. Touch sensor controls let you skip tracks and adjust the volume with a tap of your finger.
- More Information
- Over-ear headphones with 40mm drivers and neodymium magnets deliver powerful audio and a full dynamic range of frequencies up to 40kHz
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity gives you the freedom to stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet so you don't have to worry about cables
- Digital noise-cancelling technology drastically reduces low frequency (e.g., vehicle noise) and mid to high frequency (e.g., voices) noise to eliminate distractions and let you immerse yourself in the music
- Noise cancelling optimizer takes into account your personal characteristics and wearing style to optimize your audio experience
- SENSE ENGINE function allows you to conveniently tune in and out of your music with the touch of a button
- Quick Attention mode lets you talk without having to take off your headphones; simply put one hand over the housing and the volume will lower immediately
- Ambient Sound mode allows you to hear essential every day sounds while your music plays in the background
- Touch sensor on one of the ear cups lets you change tracks, adjust the volume, and take or make calls with a tap of your fingertip
- Compatible with Sony Headphones Connect APP.3 (available for iOS and Android); use the app to control ambient sound settings and adjust sound levels with the equalizer
- Choose the direction you want sound to come from, just as you can with a wireless speaker, using the Connect APP.3
- Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity, whether you’re travelling in an airport, walking on a crowded street, or sitting in a quiet area, then balances the noise cancelling levels accordingly
- Enjoy virtual surround sound with audio optimized for different listening environments, such as outdoor stages, clubs, halls, and arenas
- Optimized for High-Resolution Audio, S-Master HX minimizes distortion to deliver truly authentic sound so you can enjoy every subtle nuance
- Built-in battery offers up to 30 hours of battery life per charge, while quick charging technology offers up to 70 minutes of playback after only 10 minutes of charging
- Swivel ear cups fold neatly into the included carry case for safe and secure easy storage while you're travelling
- Also comes with an airplane adapter plug so you can enjoy in-flight media with enhanced audio
- Details & Specs
- Great ANC headphones IMOby Mikey
from Toronto, ON on November 2, 2018
I bought this in August 2018 just before my trip to Asia. Used it on the plane for 5 straight hours watching movie on ipad as well as onboard airplane movie. I tell you the ANC was just amazing and the battery life is superb, had my ANC on all the time and never had any problem with the battery running low. it blocks out 95% of the engine sound and people around you. ANC works also with the cable plugged on to the airplane jack but you must turn the ANC on or it's just a normal headphones sound. It does get warm after 2-3 hours of continuous use comfort level is good, no fatigue but wished I had waited a month later and bought the new 1000 MX3 version which is lighter than the MX2. Overall, no regrets buying this version, there's absolutely no reason that you will regret.
- No buttons and poor software kill otherwise great deviceby Ajanthan Subramaniam
from Kitchener, ON on September 30, 2018
I've owned both these and the Bose Quiet Comfort 35. I bought these after my Bose were stolen and heard this had slightly better noise cancelling. It does but everything else about these is so much worse than the Bose. The touch buttons are horrible. I always end up changing tracks when I want to change the volume. All the reviews I read really underplayed the lack of buttons but to anyone who's on the move or uses these at the gym will miss buttons. My other gripe is the poor software. It's like all they focused on was noise cancelling (which they nailed). It can't handle being connected to two devices at the same time. It's a pain to switch it from Laptop to iPhone. The Bose allowed you to have two devices connected to it at the same time. Also, these don't have an auto OFF function. If you forget to turn these off, you come back to a device with a dead battery. It seems to charge slower than the Bose too. If I could, I'd go back, I'd get download the Quiet Comfort 35s. It's a much better executed product.
- Great sound & functionality but heavy on top of headby Kerri
from Toronto, ON on July 31, 2018
The ear cushions are very comfortable. I love that you can just swipe your finger along the outside of the ear cup to raise the volume, skip tracks, answer a call, etc. However, despite the headband cushion, I find them heavy on my head and could use some more cushioning. I also wouldn't mind them being a little more snug (I guess I have a small head). Sound quality and functionality are great.
- Buttons Please!!by Andrew
from Burlington on July 17, 2018
These headphones sound great!! Unfortunately they are completely unusable because of the touch interface. Without solid state buttons I have no idea if I'm hitting or missing the sensor. Very frustrating design, don't bother..
- Greatby Humphrey
from Chicago on June 3, 2018
- Works very wellby Aspies United
from Toronto, ON on May 24, 2018
They take the edge off of loud noises, and dampen down the world a bit. I wore them to the movies and it was a much more enjoyable experience. The battery life is as good as advertised. One problem I've found is that they're so slippery that they slide off my head if I look up too far, but that doesn't happen very often. I have an average-sized head, so they could be just a little bit tighter fit. Otherwise, great. I hope they last a good, long while.
- Amazing for the priceby Murat
from Montréal, QC on April 5, 2018
Switched to these earlier today as my Beats Studio2 died and I couldn't be happier. The touch controls work really well, the noise cancelation is amazing. And the sound is very clear and it's loud enough. Smartphone app is very useful, though I wish its name could be changed (Beats lets you do it), that it were possible to use it via bluetooth when being charged and there were a battery indicator. But still, overall it's great!
- Best Wireless Headphones (Personal Opinion)by Steve Lipski
from Scarborough, ON on March 27, 2018
Pros -Bass is warm and does not cut out -Sound isolation does not bleed out and effect people around you -Dynamic range and impedance is perfect for phones -LDAC the digital audio codec makes .aac and .mp3 sound great, (have not tried .flac) -Bluetooth Range travels 2 floors and about 100 meters from source -Works with NFC -Does not make your ears warm in summer -Siri and Google assistant touch controls -About 12 hours battery with N/C -Case is very durable Cons -Aggressive over rotation of speaker cones will crack the band -Noise "Cancelling" is good until 60 dB, then it is noise Dulling -Heavy Wi-Fi use by the Bluetooth source will disrupt connection (streaming is fine, downloads might cause trouble) -The headphone jack has a bulky head - If it gets Alberta cold (-35 without windchill) it will turn itself off -Touch sensor is only on right side
- The best oneby Fabio Kohn
from Calgary, AB on March 21, 2018
I already had others expensive pair of headphones, but this one is something incredible. There is no other with this kind of noise canceling quality, never saw something like that before. The batteries are awesome! The only negative point in my opinion is that not USB-C, not a big deal.
- Great but with limitationsby Non-Feminist
from Kelowna, BC on March 6, 2018
Great Headphones on a plane or lounging but not for cancelling out higher frequencies like stirring a cup of coffee or tea, running water in a sink or shower, taking a man piss, putting a glass on a wooden table, laying empty pots on a stove, using a blender, squeaky hinges etc! Obviously these are made primarily for lower frequencies on board an aircraft! These headphones DO NOT cancel every noise & definitely NOT higher frequencies. You'll still hear your wife/girlfriend yelling at you! They're also very warm for extended periods of wear.
- Return Policy