Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch with Heart Rate Monitor
Exceptional style and exciting tech combine with the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. This stunning smartwatch features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, with GPS navigation, activity tracking, and heart rate monitoring. It syncs with your smartphone to provide alerts and relay messages, and it accepts voice commands and supports touch texting.
- More Information
- Fitness tracking: Steps, distance, running, sleep, and calories are tracked, calculated, and easily synced with the Samsung native S Health app to give you valuable fitness insights.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity: Sync with your compatible smartphone to make and receive calls, control your music, get notifications and alarms, receive email, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter alerts, check weather, and more.
- Voice commands and phone calls: S Voice lets you dictate while the Gear S3 sets reminders, makes calls, composes texts, and searches the web. With an integrated speaker and microphone, you can even make and take calls from your wrist, even without your phone nearby (using Wi-Fi and a voice call app).
- Touch texting: You can write directly on the screen with your finger, and the S3 will convert it into digital text. You can also add simple drawings and a range of emoticons to your messages.
- Heart rate monitor: A built-in optical heart rate monitor helps give you more accurate calculations about calories burned and determine when you're in the right zone for your fitness goals.
- GPS and weather monitoring: Get accurate location data, routes, and points of interest, even when you're not connected to your phone. An on-board barometer monitors the weather and lets you know of any changes.
- SOS service: Set up with a security service and 3 presses on the home screen will send a short SOS message with your location. You can also record your medial information, including blood type, to aid rescuers.
- Power up -- for up to 4 days: The superior battery within the S3 can last up to 4 days on a single charge. That's well above the industry standard; plus it only takes 2 hours to fully recharge.
- Beautifully durable: 1.3" circular AMOLED touchscreen with 16-bit 360 x 360 full colour display is protected by Corning Gorilla glass to survive your toughest workouts and an on-the-go lifestyle. The case is made from stainless steel alloy 316L with a tempered finish. The S3 offers military-grade durability to function in high and low temperatures.
- Many faces, always on: Choose from 15 preloaded watch face designs, with many more available in the Gear App Store. The always-on display ensures that whatever face you choose is always visible, so your S3 always has the look of a true watch.
- Adventurous, elegant details: The striking watch face is set deeper than the bezel to protect it from shocks. The knurled bezel's sunray brush finish highlights the refined design and augments usability. The S3 Frontier also features accentuated buttons for added convenience.
- Full circle: Innovative rotary navigation dial lets you select functions and apps by simply turning the bezel.
- Amazing apps: A huge portfolio of native apps specially designed for the S3, includes ESPN, Nike+ Running, Yelp, and Uber. Plus there are over 1,000 compatible apps with a paired Android device.
- Water resistant: IP68 rated for dust and water resistance to 30 minutes. You can wear it in the rain, or even by the swimming pool without worry.
A smartwatch needn't flaunt its modern capabilities with blatant sci-fi curves and flashy displays. The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier packs convenient, cutting-edge smart functions while sporting a stylish design, inspired by the refined look of many celebrated timepieces. Its premium look and durable IP68-rated dustproof, water resistant design veil intelligent technology that keeps you connected, informed, and motivated.
- Details & Specs
Activity Monitoring Features
Notifications & Controls
- open box - geek squadby dinky boy
from Calgary, AB on November 22, 2018
ive been scuba diving in both mexico and jamaica with this watch on, while it only does a few simple things for me i take it everywhere i go
- Recomend this Deviceby Whitney
from Iona Station, ON on November 3, 2018
I purchased this watch after my last Gear Fit 2 strap broke and I was trying to replace it as I had an extended warranty . I made my decision based on poor reviews for the Gear Fit Pro and decent reviews for the Gear 3. I have had it for a week now and do not understand anyone that would give it a poor review as it does everything my last watch could do and so much more with greater accuracy for the Fitness portion with many more options. The only criticism would be that it is not water proof and cannot be used while swimming or even taking a shower. I would recommend this for anyone as it is a functional good looking watch.
- DO NOT BUY from BestBuyby kedyig
from Toronto, ON on September 26, 2018
you may be surprise to read this comment but i want to warn you the hassle of returning it anyway. i bought a Samsung S3 Frontier from best buy online 3 weeks ago. it was advertised as "Open Box", however, it came WITHOUT packaging box in regular card box through post. contrary to its description online, battery life does not last more than 30 hrs (a day & half) on 100% charged (whole night). i had tested it twice on regular use without music, phone call & games. last week i bought another one after returning the first one and as commented it came WITHOUT packaging box in a regular card box. same issue, battery won't last more than 30 hrs on full charge (whole night). sales person at store recommended to complaint best buy directly but that phone conversation of 22 mints turn deaf to customer service, rather advised to leave comment on google. i will certainly NOT recommend others to buy from Best Buy as they care less of your money rather i would buy from Samsung directly.
- Giving it another try!by Roderick
from Comox, BC on August 27, 2018
I bought this smartwatch on the recommendation of my daughter who already has and loves one. Initially I was very pleased and excited about the performance, feel and look of the watch. After only one week of use things began to unravel. Firstly, despite much searching on U-Tube and the internet I am still unable to get the calendar feature to sync with my Google Calendar. Just yesterday with no warning the watch just went dead - the battery was completely drained. I put the watch on charge overnight. It shows that it is 100% charged but still the watch is dead - no functions work. Looking on the internet I find a lot of comments/articles describing this problem with this watch. I will return it to the store and try a replacement watch before giving up entirely.
- BEST SMART WATCH IN 2018by SAMSUNG TECH EXPERT
from Stoney Creek, ON on August 14, 2018
TAP AND PAY WORKS NOW IN CANADA WITH SAMSUNG PAY WITH THE LATEST 184.108.40.206 FIRMWARE UPDATE AS OF AUGUST 14, 2018! SNACK ON THAT APPLE! :D
- Samsung dos not stay behind their productsby Adrian
from Richmond Hill, ON on June 22, 2018
I noticed that my S3 does not record floors correctly. One floor is defined @10ft. It means that if you climb at least 10 ft. it will record one floor. What about if you run upstairs and one floor is just 8 ft. height? After one 8 ft. floor you have to walk horizontally to reach the next stairs section. S3 will erase from its memory the 8 ft. you just climbed immediately after detecting you walk horizontally (even 2-3 steps). What does it mean? Supposing you run upstairs on a, let’s say, 50 floor building, and there is an 8ft. floor height building. After reaching the top of the building your S3 will record ZERO floors. Try go from basement to first floor in 8 or 9 ft. height house. You can do this the whole day, your S3 will stubbornly show ZERO floors. I opened a case with Samsung. I have not received an answer. After 2 month I inquired an update. I received the following answer, it is copy / paste from the Chat transcript: “I have checked that the dedicated team will not send any update for your mail, it will follow-up and send to our dedicated team.” Oh …. It means at Samsung there are many teams and all are dedicated. Same send answers, and some not. However, after another month I have not received any update from the second dedicated team. I started wondering how dedicated all that teams are. And, after all, do they send any answers? Since I gave up hopes to get an answer I am trying to copy/paste my story on as many high visible review sites as possible. This issue is very simple to fix, just replace the current instruction: “Erase floors memory when horizontal level is reached” with “Erase floors memory when horizontal level is reached after 10 seconds”. After this change S3 will be able to record 10ft. floors in case you climb increments of 8 ft. height building floors. Fixing the software is not costly and it is extremely simple. Samsung can give this job to a coop student, usually a poor unpaid fellow trying to revamp his resume. He/ She can fix it in less than 15 min. How companies stands behind their products is a very important criteria when deciding to buy a product. I hope I am an isolated case and Samsung is doing better than this.
- Good, but doesn't support tap to payby Muhammad
from Burnaby, BC on June 8, 2018
Good watch, is very limited. Pros: 1) good battery life 2) feels gadgety 3) good offline mode - works fine without phone Cons: NO TAP TO PAY IN CANADA
- My gear s3 Frontierby Denis Vandale
from Winnipeg, MB on June 5, 2018
Amazing piece of technology. A little on the large size, but having this size makes the screen easy to read. Only caveat - do not use the activation lock. If anything goes wrong you're left with an expensive paper weight. Even if you have a proof of ownership Samsung can't (or won't) unlock the watch. Been there!!!
- gear s3 issueby pb
from Laval, QC on May 19, 2018
dont purchase this watch, had it for a year, then problem start , watch gear s3 wont connect to your phone, or you will get msg GEAR S PLUGIN STOP, it ask you to reset your watch and you loose everything, then you contact SAMSUNG nohelp support and they tell you to reset your phone, when this is a problem with the driver, dont purchase this watch GEAR S3, work fine at the beginning then nightmare.
- Great Featureset - But crippled functionality in Canadaby Disappointed Gear S3 customer
from Burlington, ON on May 13, 2018
Picked up the Gear S3, because its the only smart watch in Canada with all the features you would need for a smart watch, including NFC for Samsung Pay. As none of the Smart-watches with NFC other than Apple Watch is officially available in Canada. But lo and behold, Samsung does not support/enable Samsung Pay on the Gear S3 in Canada, and since it's Tizen cannot load Android Pay. Also a few apps will not work unless you have a Samsung phone, mainly the pre-installed Here we Go navigation app. Essentially making the most attractive features of this phone, completely useless, which is a disappointment as it would have been a worthy Smart Watch. You are better off buying a fitness watch for half the price of what this offers.
- Return Policy