Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch with Heart Rate Monitor - Dark Grey
It's all on the wrist with the Samsung Gear S2, a stylish smartwatch that tracks your activity to provide health and fitness insights, and syncs with your smartphone to keep you connected. The WiFi and Bluetooth enabled timepiece sports a circular 1.2" touchscreen, protected by Gorilla Glass. It's water resistant, with an anti-scratch and dustproof design.
While the smartwatch field lies cluttered with models that offer similar look and functionality, the Samsung Gear S2 has reinvented the medium inside and out. One look at its eye-catching circular touchscreen design, framed by a clever rotating bezel, and you know right away this a smartwatch looking towards the future.
Its 1.2" circular Super AMOLED touchscreen, protected by Gorilla Glass for your active lifestyle, will turn heads with its rotational navigation design. Turn the bezel in either direction to select apps, reply to texts, play a song, or check the weather. The touchscreen is ultra-responsive and the back button at the right side makes returning to your home screen a one-touch affair.
What you need to know:
- Fitness tracker: Samsung's native S Health apps helps you take charge of your fitness with tracking, calories, steps, distance, heart rate, water vs. caffeine intake, and more.
- Power up: The superior battery within the S2 can last up to 3 days on a single charge. That's well above the industry standard; plus it only takes 90 minutes to fully recharge.
- Always alert: Sync with your compatible smartphone to make and receive calls, control your music, get notifications and alarms, receive email, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter alerts, check weather, and more
- Gorilla Glass: 1.2" circular Super AMOLED touchscreen with 16-bit 360 x 360 full colour display is protected to survive your toughest workouts and an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Full circle: Innovative rotary navigation dial lets you select functions and apps by simply turning the bezel.
- Amazing apps: A huge portfolio of native apps specially designed for the S2, includes ESPN, Nike+ Running, Yelp, and Uber. Plus there are over 1,000 compatible apps with a paired Android device.
- Water resistant: Wear your S2 confidently in the rain or during sweat-soaked workouts thanks to its 1.5-metre water resistance.
- Wireless connectivity: Connect with your compatible Android smartphone through Bluetooth 4.1 or enjoy your native apps using the S2's integrated Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n technology.
- I have this watch for more than 3 years.by Ali
from Vancouver, BC on May 18, 2018
I have this watch for more than 3 years. NoAli issues and no problems, Love it. It looks good, has tons of features/apps,
- Not waterproof or water resistantby Craig
from Ottawa on May 27, 2017
Zero stars. This watch is definitely not meant to get wet. I kept the watch on when I showered for about a month and it seemed ok. I tried wading (not swimming) in an above ground pool, which is well-within the supposed IP68 rating threshold, and the watch died. Samsung will not honor the warranty if the watch gets wet - they say this on their website. Many other complaints on the web where even sweat killed the watch. Beware. Also, this watch is limited if not paired to a short-list of very specific devices running Android. If you have a Samsung device you'll be fine; if not, forget about using the software.
- Colorfull, stuffed, uselessby ACID
from Chambly, QC on April 8, 2017
Returned this item after 3 days of using. Good quality colorful screen, slim design, changeable front screen with options to customize, ABSOLUTELY dysfunctional, in my opinion, full of useless software(Samsung's favorite fetish), really hard to rich quickly the option you need. All the above, plus always went to the standalone mode due to my Moto X2, obviously, is not fully compatible with the Gear. Contacted the Samsung customer service, asked for help. Advice I received:"To get the full functionality a Samsung cell phone MUST be used".
- Why 5 stars then if the strap broke?by Joe Thompson
from Winnipeg, MB on February 4, 2017
I read several reviewers complained about the strap breaking off the watch yet they gave it a 5 stars rating. This didn't make any sense.
- Highly recommendedby Yousef Al Imam
from Oakville, ON on January 9, 2017
Looks and feels like a watch not a gadget so you can wear this every day without looking strange. The screen is excellent, way better than LCD and it actually auto dims without a flat tire! IP68 water resistance is fantastic, and is better than almost all Android Wear watches and also the apple watch 1. It has all the bells and whistles including a barometer!! Now to the interesting part, it runs Tizen not Android Wear, which many see as a limitation, and it kinda is because of the app gap. But honestly, for fitness, notifications and the daily used apps.. it's all there so I didn't feel a difference from my Android Wear watches, actually it was better overall. The difference really is in the user interface and experience. To me, Tizen does a better job than Android Wear, and the rotating bezel is nothing short of brilliant. I've traded in Android Wear for the S2 with Tizen and looking forward to using Samsung Pay on the watch soon! My only gripe is that if you use this during workouts it uses up lots of batter life because it constantly monitors your heart rate during that period, so you'll probably have to re-charge it otherwise it'll run out before the end of the day. Overall very impressed, best smartwatch right now in my opinion, even though the S3 is out.
- 5 Stars!!!!!!!by Caleb DeBrusk-Wallbank
from Cambridge ont on December 5, 2016
5 stars its awesome have had it 4 1 year now its awesome
- poor qualityby Simo
from Montréal, QC on October 29, 2016
this product doesn't worth his price. the band wrist has broken a few months later. even the replacement band wrist has broken similarly. very disappointed of this purchase.
- works excellentby M Tanner
from Brooklin, ON on September 8, 2016
Love this watch, works perfectly, notifications are great. Battery lasts better than I expected, except when using the golf program.
- nice watch....crap strapsby db
from Surrey, BC on July 8, 2016
Only lasted 4 days before the strap fell off.Google it. The watch operation itself was good.
- Great watchby Amanda
from Saskatoon, SK on June 29, 2016
Love it. It looks good, has tons of features/apps, and is a great addition to my workouts/fitness.