Roku Express Media Streamer with Remote
Enjoy access to a world of entertainment and fast 1080p HD streaming with the Roku Express. Once you complete the simple setup, you'll have access to over 100,000 movies and TV episodes across 2,500 paid or free channels. The Roku interface is so simple to navigate, you'll be enjoying your favourite shows in no time.
- More Information
- Easy access to over 100,000 movies and TV episodes across more than 2,500 paid or free channels
- Access to popular channels including Netflix, TED, Google Play, YouTube, Crackle, Sky News, and Cineplex
- Roku standard IR remote with channel shortcut buttons for snappy access
- Can be controlled with a smartphone or tablet equipped with the free Roku app (available for iOS and Android devices)
- Play On Roku makes it easy to cast photos, videos, and music from your smart device to your TV
- Private listening anytime using the Roku app
- Sleek, portable design plugs right into your TV's HDMI port for up to Full HD 1080p resolution
- Unbiased search lets you seek out content across channels and compare prices to find the cheapest option
- Receive automatic updates in the Roku Feed
- Easy to install, and the smooth and intuitive interface makes it simple to find and access your favourite channels
- Wi-Fi network (wireless router) or Ethernet connection for online access
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Details & Specs
- Good Price & Valueby Kyle
from Ottawa, ON on March 10, 2019
This Roku works great on my 50" TV that is 1080p which the player is also with no lag even with 25/5 Internet. I would suggest 50 or 75 mbps Internet and maybe getting free TV from VMedia for 6 months for more channels with no contract if you live in Canada. Roku has the Roku Channel which has free content with commercials which is just like cable TV, plus you can add your Netflix, Youtube and even Twitched Zero (Twitch channel unofficial but same). This does not heat up really hot at all like the stick sometimes does in your computer and you can put it anywhere near your TV with WIFI, so I think it's a better option then the stick if you have an older TV that is 1080p and you choose to get a Roku.
- Not Ideal for Canadiansby Trevor
from Ottawa, ON on February 7, 2019
The Roku is pretty useless if you live in Canada. There are no good apps available on their app store except for Netflix and YouTube, because no Canadian streaming apps seem to be developed (or are being developed) for Roku. So basically, this is an overpriced Netflix and YouTube streamer, that will only keep getting more useless as developers instead shift their focus to the Chromecast. For the same price, I highly recommend avoiding the Roku and instead going for the Chromecast. Loads of Canadian-friendly apps are now Chromecast compatible and that number is quickly growing (Sportsnet, TSN, CTV, CBC, etc., none of those are available on Roku). Very disappointed with this purchase and I wish I did more research beforehand.
- Works great but creates interference with wifiby gmd
from Ottawa, ON on January 23, 2019
Have had a old Roku XS. Decided to get a newer model. Wrong choice. Yes, it is faster, sets up easily (unless you say both units are in the same room, which confuses roku.com). The issue is that it broadcasts a wifi signal on the same channel as the one used. They do this in an attempt to increase the throughput. This is against the standard, and affects devices with a weak signal. Just realized that I could not return the issue as it has been more than 30 days.
- Return Policy