Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell 2
You don't have to be home to keep a watchful eye on your residence with the Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell 2. This doorbell boasts HD video and 2-way communication so you can see and hear who's at your door. Motion detectors keep you up to date by sending phone alerts, and night-vision infrared sensors make sure you're never left in the dark.
- More Information
- Full HD video: 1080p video gives you a clear, sharp image of who's at your door
- 2-way communication: 2-way audio lets you speak to and hear people at your door
- 24/7 visibility: Built-in infrared night vision sensors deliver HD videos both night and day
- Stay alert: Motion detectors provide instant mobile alerts so you're always in the know
- No fuss installation: Included tool kit means you can install the doorbell on your home whether or not there is existing doorbell wiring
- Extensive compatibility: Compatible with Android, iOS, Windows 10, and Mac OS devices so you can keep an eye on your property via your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- See who's there, from anywhere: Use the Live View feature to access on-demand live video and audio of your property
- Simple charging: Quick-release rechargeable battery pack allows you to charge the battery without moving the doorbell
- Keep a record: Ring video recording gives you the ability to save, review, and share all your Ring videos (with a 30-day free trial)
- Stylish look: 2 interchangeable faceplates ensure you can pick a colour that matches your home
- Certified for outdoor use: A weather-resistant design with an operating temperature range from -20C to 40C prevents damage from the elements
- Details & Specs
- Garbageby Roni
from Toronto, ON on December 25, 2018
if a chance were given I would give 0 star to this piece of Garbage reason 1 terrible night resolution just black and white and 2 need a monthly subscription switched to sky-bell and cant be happier.
- Not ready for prime time yet!by Morley Brown
from Toronto, ON on December 21, 2018
I have two other ring products - spotlight/camera's. mostly they're just ok. I would not buy the Ring doorbell. Ours is hardwired but apparently still needs to have the battery charged. so, that's a big fail. What's the point of a doorbell AND security when it's not actually in use???? I missed that in the fine details but that's a major fail. My neighbour has one that is only battery charged. So, i guess they go without security or a door bell a few times a month. That's crazy, but moreso, how can a battery need recharging when it's hardwired to my houses electrical system. the other thing is the wifi. it's about 15 ft from the modem and is incredibly weak. so, that's another fail. maybe it's impacted by brick. Well, doorbells are usually on the outside of a house, so i would have thought the geniuses designing the product would have taken that in to account. just sayin.... i find by the time i get the alert or the camera works, the delivery person is already gone - so that feature is a fail. and lastly, it records every car/truck going by on the street, even though i've reset it to cover my porch only, so, that's a fail. i should have spent the extra for the nest product, or other, but Ring Doorbell is a waste of your time and money.
- Ring 2by SK
from kitchener, ont on December 10, 2018
Very happy with this purchase. Detects and announces presence of anyone at the front door on all my apple devices. If I want to see the video I can see it easily and clearly. I would recommend this to anyone for added security. It's very easy to install. The battery life is very good, after 2 weeks it's still at 92%. I can see that on the Ring app.
- Does not like the cold!by LtFirefighter
from Stittsville, ON on November 20, 2018
This product is definitely not for use in Canada. Its only November and -12 is the coldest we have reached so far. -30 is coming sometime this winter for sure!! Its going to be a long winter with no doorbell if this thing does not working past -12... in fact I'm not sure what temp it works to as I only noticed it not working at -12 but it does work at -3 so somewhere in that range it stops working unfortunately.
- Ring Video Doorbell 2by Dave Garson
from Victoria, BC on October 18, 2018
It's a great product generally. We had some trouble holding a charge after the base was hardwired to power. That turned out to be distortion of the baseplate caused by uneven tightening of the baseplate mounting screws. So that's something to watchout for. The much bigger problem is the unit is to easy to steal. Our first one was stolen fairly quickly, we're not sure how. Ring replaced it free of charge as per their warranty. That was great, no hassle at all. Now our replacement unit has been stolen. We have a video clip that clearly shows the person walk up , look around and then reach out with their right hand then the video stops. It appears the person simply pulled it off with one hand, no sign of tools being used. Now we need to decide what to do. We can't afford to keep replacing it. Maybe we should just stick with a regular cheap doorbell
- A great productby Amy mcdonald
from Lindsay, ON on October 7, 2018
I love this product, however I don't think you should have to pay to record your motions. Also when it notifies you of the motions, it takes some time for the review to show so if you don't record it, the person could be long gone.
- Well Thought Packageby J
from Vancouver, BC on September 25, 2018
This is a well-thought package. In the box you have everything you need: The doorbell (of course), two face plates (choose your colour), set of base plates for different angles, screw driver for installation, drill bit for stucco or brick walls, extension wires, screws, anchors, ... That's really generous and considerable comparing to the norm of cost cutting these days. The doorbell itself works well. The doorbell and my wifi router are at two ends of my house but I don't have any wifi signal issues. Hardwired the doorbell and everything works as intended. Video is good, and night vision is very good, too.
- Great systemby Julie Low
from Cumberland, ON on July 31, 2018
Very happy with our ring doorbell. It also survived -40 weather in Canada. The videos are clear and the microphone works very well. Very good product for a very affordable price.
- need recharge a lot.by Jun
from Mississauga, ON on June 6, 2018
battery too bad.
- Door Bellby rob
from Toronto, ON on March 19, 2018
I ended up returning it within a day. Our dwelling is a smart home that contains most smart devices ie nest products/camera etc that work just fine as internet is not as strong due to cottage rural location. This product was not able to work at all due to internet strength yet other devices owned work/connect just fine. This devise requires only very, very, very strong wifi that is steady in turn owner will have nothing but issues. Help desk was not much help so avoided future problems by returning the product. Nice packaging but poor plastic quality and unreliable technology. Better brands out there.
- Return Policy