Ring WiFi 720p Video Doorbell - Satin Nickel
See who's there with the Ring Video Doorbell. Battery operated and WiFi enabled, it lets you view live HD video, hear audio, and communicate using your compatible smartphone or tablet -- from anywhere. It features motion sensors that detect movement up to 30 feet, sends you automatic alerts, and stores recorded footage to the cloud.
- More Information
- HD camera: See what's happening with a clear, wide-angle view of your home's entrance in high definition, 24/7 thanks to night vision.
- Mobile monitoring via WiFi: Connected to your home WiFi network, it can stream live video to your compatible smartphone or tablet via the free iOS or Android Ring app -- even when you're not at home, wherever you've got an internet connection.
- Motion detection: Built-in motion sensors detect movement up to 30 feet and trigger instant mobile alerts via the Ring App.
- Two-way communication: Hear what's happening and be heard clearly, with a microphone featuring echo cancellation and two configurable speakers.
- Cloud recording: Automatically save triggered video recordings to the cloud and review from your Ring app.
- Easy installation: All tools are included to mount the Ring in just minutes. Then just use the Ring app to connect to your WiFi network.
- Dual-power options: Uses a built-in rechargeable battery, or can be powered using your existing doorbell wiring.
- Certified for outdoor use: A weather-resistant design with an operating temperature range from -20C to 40C prevents damage from the elements
You're comfortably in bed enjoying a movie when someone rings your doorbell. Your smartphone not only lets you know, but lets you see streaming HD video live from your Ring Video Doorbell. It's the delivery you've been waiting for, finally. Too bad you're currently in a hotel -- in a different time zone.
Good thing this smart doorbell does more than just make noise. With the push of a button you speak to the delivery driver and let him know to leave it with the neighbour.
That was easy. That's convenient.
And then there's security. With built-in motion detection up to 30 feet, night vision, instant mobile alerts, and automatic video recording to the cloud, you've got awareness and evidence of activity near your front door, whether someone rings or not.
And since you can not only hear but speak and be heard from anywhere, you can appear to be home, even when you're not.
- Details & Specs
- Way Better Options Than Ring!by Priam
from Langley, BC on October 23, 2018
Do what I didn't, a quick web search on these doorbells and you will find quickly that Ring is by far the worst of the bunch, even if you don't mind paying for storage. 1. Every other major brand provides some sort of free option for video storage, not Ring. 2. Many other major brands offer API an integration beyond connecting to the paid cloud service, not Ring. 3. I've done a ton of testing, and Ring has purposely coded into their app a block to the video feed when the doorbell is rung if you don't pay for service. That's correct. Open the app and click live view, no problem. Close the app, ring the doorbell, open the app and click live view. Fail every time! This device is not worth the plastic it made from. Garbage!
- Battery only last a year and expensive to use after trialby Kevin
from Coquitlam, BC on October 6, 2018
Would not recommend the Ring to anyone. The Battery only last a couple days after year in use. Also you can't review the videos taken by Ring after the initial trial period unless you pay heavy monthly fee.
- Apartmentby Shawn
from Oshawa, ON on October 2, 2018
Hello Ring, I am looking to purchase for outside my apartment door. Will it show the video of 180 in the hallway?
- Poor qualityby Ken Fredericks
from Flin Flon, MB on September 20, 2018
The idea is good but does not work in Canadian winter. It also takes so long to upload video that the person is long gone. Very disappointing!
- Perfect with parameters correctly choosen!by Genius
from Lorraine, QC on September 18, 2018
It's always same ways like "smartphone" : Phone is smart not user! People said "too bad" or doesn't works because they don't know to choose right parameters. There's few parameters but it works fine with movements detection. It's the secret. if you don't enable movement detection, it's too long and you miss delivery... Of course! 720p resolution quality is enough for my usage and take less bandwidth than higher model 1080p (faster in 720p) i used for 1 year.
- Perfect Peace of Mindby Shannfent
from Burnaby, BC on July 11, 2018
I'm so happy that we bought this! It works like a dream, is easy to set up and makes me feel much more secure. It's also great for when a package is delivered and you aren't home and can talk to the delivery person.
- Ring Live View Issuesby walnugrover
from Langley, B.C. on April 29, 2018
Spent hours with tech support swapping firmware updates, firewall settings and rebooting over and over. I don't think the technology is quite there to push these units out. It's really a hit or miss whether your unit will work or not.
- Basicby De Kni
from Edmonton, AB on April 21, 2018
This product is basic at best. It was good for the time it came out but, now it low quality. There are no pro's. I guess if you had nothing for secuity, its something. Con's are many: image quality, reaction time, night vision, image ratio, device size, not so Live View etc....
- Door bellby Alex
from Brampton Ont on February 16, 2018
i brought it was not working Help line was not very good finally I return it Best Buy return policy was very good I can give five star to customer service .
- Slow response & doesn't work in cold weatherby Lloyd McBurney
from Calgary, AB on February 15, 2018
It takes 20-30 seconds for the video to be available on your smartphone - too long if you're wanting to see who's at the door. At temperatures below -20C, the device stops working altogether.
- Return Policy