Oculus Rift & Touch System
Get ready to step into a whole new world. The Oculus Rift's next-generation virtual reality experience completely immerses you in fantastic game worlds, intensely emotional movies, and much more. A pair of included Oculus Sensor X2 Touch Controllers put incredible virtual worlds at your fingertips.
- More Information
- PC required: The Oculus Rift requires a PC with certain minimum specs. Please see the "Required hardware" section below.
- Incredible visuals: 2160 x 1200 resolution (1080 x 1200 per eye), a 110-degree field of view, and 90Hz refresh rate combine to create an immersive visual experience you need to see to believe.
- Integrated VR audio: The Rift's audio system places sounds in three-dimensional space, so it actually feels like sounds are coming from the side or above you.
- Removable audio arms: Enjoy the freedom to use your own headphones, if you prefer.
- Oculus Home: Explore a wide (and ever-growing) selection of games, movies, and experiences. Endless worlds await.
- Controllers: The Rift includes a pair of Oculus Sensor X2 Touch Controllers, which bring your hands into the virtual environment for a more tactile, realistic VR experience.
- Video card: NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470 / NVIDIA GTX 960 / AMD Radeon R9 290 equivalent or greater
- CPU: Intel i3 6100 / AMD FX4350 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 8GB+ RAM
- Video output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
- USB ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
- OS: Windows 10 or newer
With a metallic shriek your fighter zooms through the launch tunnel and soars into the inky blackness of space. You tilt your head and quickly take stock of the situation: enormous carrier ships drift slowly below and on your right -- are those enemy fighters? Lasers rake across your shields and you jam the stick hard, veering away from enemy fire. You line up a fighter in your sights and your autocannons chatter as tracers streak through the void, turning the enemy into a blossoming fireball.
When the battle is over you take off the Oculus Rift headset and give yourself a few seconds to get reacquainted with reality. It almost feels strange to look around and see the familiar confines of your living room instead of the tight, futuristic structure of the fighter's cockpit. Playing the virtual reality space combat game felt so real you almost forgot you were sitting in a chair at home. In fact, it felt so immersive you can't wait to jump back in. With a grin you slip the Rift headset on and leap back into the heat of battle.
Why you need this:
The Oculus Rift requires a PC with the following minimum requirements:
- Details & Specs
- What's Included
- Sensor X2 Touch Controllers
- Printed Accessory Folio
- Quick Start Manual
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Audio Tool
- 2 x Oculus Stickers
- WOW! This is amazing!by Kooltone
from Lake Country, BC on January 3, 2019
I absolutely love the Rift! I loved VR since purchasing the PS4 VR system when it came out and the Rift improves on everything. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. Better movement tracking, lighter & more comfortable, awesome touch controllers and works in all light conditions. The setup was simple and the Oculus app has all you need to tweak and make the system your own. Within 20 minutes I was up and running...literally! If you have a computer with specs to run the Rift...what are you waiting for?!?
- Works great when they are not purposely limiting the compurterby Darren
from Winnipeg, MB on January 2, 2019
Now on my third computer (Acer Nitro 5) because they keep updating the software and excluding the older models. So from bestbuy I bought a brand new Acer Nitro 5 based on the Oculus.com website recommendations, took it home, ran the compatibility check and everything says its okay, so decide to keep it and put it under the tree. Give the computer to my kid xmas morning, and it doesn't work. Have to email tech support (no more phone, no more chat) and they tell me two days later that my laptop is one of the 6 acer nitro 5 models they dont support. Only two out of 8 they actually support. No where on their website or best buys website do they actually say that there are specific Nitro 5 builds that will only work with the oculus. Responded with my answers to their other questions and 4 days later, still no response form Oculus support. Save yourselves the money. I'm now returning the Acer Nitro 5, hopefully selling the oculus to some chump, and switching to the Vive. At the very least they have chat support.
- Oculus rips off American express cardholdersby Adam
from Scarborough, ON on December 31, 2018
They charge extra on their store for people using American Express to buy apps and games. I cannot recommend any of their products on this basis.
- Return Policy