NHL 19 (PS4)
In NHL 19 for PlayStation 4, play on outdoor rinks and journey from the ponds to the pros in new and returning game modes. Compete with and against 200 of the greatest hockey legends to ever hit the ice, highlighted by Wayne Gretzky. Powered by cutting-edge new gameplay technology, experience explosive-edge skating that delivers more acceleration, speed and responsiveness.
- More Information
- Introduces over 200 legends from multiple eras in hockey’s history; play with or against the sport’s greatest players, including Wayne Gretzky
- Introduces Hero Teams that combine the best players from past and present to create the ultimate fantasy matchups between today’s superstars and yesterday’s legends
- Available in single player and multiplayer modes, history is now at your fingertips to play, team up and compete as the best of the best
- Cutting-edge animation gameplay technology, Real Player Motion Tech, delivers explosive-edge skating, enabling more control, acceleration and responsiveness up and down the ice
- RPM Tech combines with brand new physics collision technology that makes jaw-dropping hits more life-like, varied, and satisfying
- Looks better, plays better, and feels better with two all-new tech systems delivering a more complete on-ice experience
- For the first time in franchise history, step onto the pond and compete in the EA SPORTS Hockey League, NHL THREES, Play Now, and the brand new modes NHL ONES and Pro-Am
- In NHL ONES, you and 2 other players compete in a 1v1v1 free-for-all gauntlet; showcase your skills and creativity with no rules, no stoppages, and no limits
- Win the free-for-all to progress to new outdoor locations and become king of the hill
- Introduces over 900 all-new customization options for your create-a-character, giving you the freedom to create and express yourself on the ice like never before
- For the first time, create a unique look inspired by pond hockey with lifestyle gear and clothing, including hoodies, jackets, parkas, knits, and more
- New playstyle classes and player traits also let you customize the way you perform on the ice
- World of CHEL is an evolution of the fan-favorite EA SPORTS Hockey League that introduces a unified progression and customization system for your create-a-character across new and returning modes
- Now you can earn customization gear and apply unique specialization traits to your character that impact playstyle across the World of CHEL, including NHL THREES Drop-in, NHL ONES, Pro-Am and EASHL
- Details & Specs
Number of Players
- pro gamerby michel
from Blainville, QC on December 25, 2018
its the best ea sports games nhl he have so many skills on this games
- Hockey fans rejoice!by King K. Rool
from London, ON on December 10, 2018
Gotta love it as a hockey fan. Love playing as NHL Legends Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. Legends players were a great addition to this year's game!
- Great game!!!by Andrew
from Delta, BC on November 26, 2018
lots of different fun modes to play
- Only game in town...by Jay B.
from Bracebridge, ON on November 12, 2018
Minor improvements (debatable) that don't really add much from previous years installments. Seems like it's a small team that rehashes this title year after year. I'd be satisfied if EA committed the resources to addressing so many issues that have been documented over the years and made the "definitive" NHL experience and then just did obligatory graphical improvements and roster updates year after year. To me, this is just feeling "tired" but what are you going to do...it's the only game in town. Still, for us hockey fans, it's probably worth a purchase at something far less than full, retail price.
- Complete rip-offby Hockey Fan
from Calgary, AB on November 1, 2018
It's basically a re-skin of NHL 2014. Has a few extra features but you're essentially paying for updated rosters. Still has all the same glitchy issues with the change player algorithm that have always existed, tonnes of in-game AI issues that make the game difficult to enjoy. Basically, if you have any sort of hockey sense, this game will frustrate the crap out of you because of how inconsistent the AI is. i.e.: You're on the PP on a face-off. You tie up the opponent but none of your teammates come in for support, but for some reason the team on the PK all rush the puck and get it. Just one example of the dozens I've come across for years on this crappy franchise. Save your money. If you're dead set on buying, at least buy it when it's on sale. Only suckers buy EA sports games at full price, because odds are you already bought this exact same game back in 2014.
- Best hockey game to date!by Byron
from Vaughan, ON on September 18, 2018
PROS A big improvement from NHL 15-18 which were largely the same. NHL 19's new skating mechanics is seamless and smooth, creating an insanely realistic simulation. World of CHEL is indepth and fun Scouting in franchaise mode is amazing. Makes the mode fun again. CONS Same shooting mechanics Jersey physics are weird Lack of realistic faces is a bummer. Same boring UI as previous years... HUT is a useless gamemode OVERALL Great game that is an imprivement from last year. But needs more refinement.
- Return Policy