Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
Mario Kart arrives on the Nintendo Switch with the latest entry into the series so farMario Kart 8 Deluxe is the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and it's only on Nintendo Switch. Race your friends anytime, anywhere, with every track from the Wii U version (including DLC). You can also duke it out in a revised battle mode on new and returning battle courses. In TV Mode you can play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in beautiful 1080p. .
- More Information
- Race or battle your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8, only available on Nintendo Switch
- All race characters and tracks are available from the Wii U version, including those from DLC (downloadable content)
- Take on your friends in the revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast
- Battle on new courses, like Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, or returning ones, such as GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1
- New characters: Inkling Girl & Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.
- New players and young kids will love the Smart Steering feature, which makes driving and staying on the track easier, even at the top speed of 200cc
- Three new vehicles are included, two of them inspired by Splatoon
- The ability to carry two items at the same time expands your strategic options
- Returning items include Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in battle mode
- Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players
- Enjoy 1080p HD quality in TV mode
- Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere
Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership may be required for online play. Please check the game detail page on Nintendo.com for membership requirements.
- Details & Specs
- Best racing game I have ever played.by Linda Janczikowski
from Oakville, ON on October 23, 2018
I love this game, can't put it down. Would highly recommend this if buying a Switch. Great for 1 - 4 players.
- Best Game of the Yearby Osman Osman
from Ottawa, ON on October 26, 2017
10 / 10, i love the updated and realistic graphics.
- Très bon jeu pour les enfants.by Christian Gervais
from Sorel, QC on July 22, 2017
j'adore ce jeu surtout à cause des nouvelles fonctionnalités qui ont été ajouté dans le jeu.
- Great Gameby B2
from Kitchener, ON on July 17, 2017
Lots of fun playing with friends. It's nice to have all of the DLC from the Wii U version. A must-have for the Switch.
- Awesome Game on an Awesome Console!!by S. Singh
from Calgary, AB on July 7, 2017
I purchased this game when I got my Nintendo Switch, and it is a great game!! It has exciting new levels, and old courses from previous versions as well. The challenge of the game progresses as you play, so it isn't too hard for beginners. I would definitely recommend this game!!
- Best Mario Kart To Dateby Name
from Woodbridge, ON on July 3, 2017
Mario Kart games are almost always amazing games. While some titles in the series are still stronger in certain areas (like Double Dash still hosting a superior battle mode), there is no question that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best installment to date overall. I highly suggest the game if you never got the original version on Wii U, it is definitely worth your time and money! And even if you did buy it on Wii U, it is still a wonderful game and the much improved battle mode is enough to sway most into repurchasing the game for Switch. Of course, if you didn't enjoy the original or are not interested in battle mode, I would not suggest double dipping on the game, but you'll still be missing out!
- GREAT!by JP
from Halifax, NS on May 28, 2017
I purchased this game for my kids! What great fun. So easy to use and setup to play two players or more. By far the best mario kart game made. fun levels and lots of replayability very fun on the bus!
- Très bon jeu.by Guillaume
from Québec, QC on May 20, 2017
Le mode pour les enfants les empêchant de sortir de la piste le rend encore plus intéressant pour les jeunes enfants.
- Great Funby Mum of two
from Whitby, ON on May 16, 2017
Lots of fun for the whole family!
- A good buy if you didn't purchase on the WiiU.by Fabio
from London, ON on May 14, 2017
A great game and it looks fantastic on the Switch, but unless you're as thirsty for Splatoon themed content (And I have to admit, lacklustre content at that.) as I am, I'd pass on this if you own the WiiU version already. If you don't though, totally pick it up! Having this game on the Switch is a blast for whenever you're hanging out with a friend or if you have relatives visiting. The Steering Assist is great for kids too since they really just need to know how to hold down the Go button. TL;DR ? - Great game, but definitely not worth buying if you have the original.
- Return Policy