Jaybird X3 Wireless In-Ear Bluetooth Sport Headphones - Black
Rock out while you work out. These JayBird X3 wireless in-ear Bluetooth sport headphones are designed to keep you in tune with your favourite tunes while you push the exercise limits. They're sweat-proof, have a long-lasting built-in battery, and feature an inline microphone with handy volume control.
- More Information
- Micro-sized in-ear behind-the-neck headphones with a universal fit include both over-ear and under-ear fit options
- Enhanced-comfort ear fins and premium isolation foam ear tips ensure a comfortable fit for hours on end
- Bluetooth connectivity lets you wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, or other device
- Lithium polymer battery powers 8 hours of usage between charges, so you can go several days or week on a single charge
- Inline volume control makes on-the-fly volume adjustments a cinch
- Built-in microphone lets you easily answer calls on your connected smartphone with hands-free ease
- Sweat-proof seam design and hydrophobic nano-coating protects the headphones from sweat damage and rain showers
- Compatible with the JayBird MySound app, which lets you personalize your sound settings and store them on your earbuds for use with any music device
- Details & Specs
- Poorly engineeredby Penciltwirler
from Toronto, ON on November 24, 2018
Pros: - good build and design Cons: - DEALBREAKER: when connected to the iPhone, there is a significant and noticeable lag. For example, when watching YouTube videos, the sound does not sync to the video...a very bad and jarring experience! - Proprietary charging port means that if you loose the adaptor, you can only buy from Jaybird...this is unethical
- Very good headphonesby Uygar Gunay
from Vancouver, BC on October 3, 2018
I love those headphones. I had Jaybird x2. I used them for 2,5 years. They stopped working. I sent to warranty and they send me back Jaybird x3. They didn't even ask any questions. It was like "here is your new headphones". They are my in trust list.
- Dont lastby Stephan
from Montréal, QC on September 25, 2018
Im on my forth pair (extended waranty) and they all died after 2 months of daily use. But they are good will they last!
- Burn out after 18 monthsby Brad
from Calgary, AB on July 23, 2018
Bought these headphones and they didn't hold up to expectations. I used them while cycling and they would cut in and out despite being less than 2 feet from my phone (it was carried in an upper pocket of a backpack). After 18 months of use they suddenly quit. I contacted technical support and they said that I charged them on a usb port with too high of a current and left them connected for too long. Problem was that none of this was in the manual. Don't waste your money.
- Jaybird X3's do not disappointby Dale Thompson
from Toronto, ON on July 12, 2018
I got the X3's about two weeks ago and I absolutely love them. They hold a good charge, have great sound and perfect fit. I recommend using the foam over the silicone (for a better fit) and using the X3 app to get the audio settings perfect. You have to tinker with these things but once you're set up, it's flawless. Great sound from these earphones too. I only have to put them at midrange to drown out everything around me but not make it so noisy or loud that it hurts my ears. They really stay in my ears for working out or running and are as light as can be, I hardly even feel them in. For a tighter, more snug fit, you can use the clip included in the package to make it so the cord doesn't flop around or bounce if you're running. Very, very pleased with these headphones, the sound is unreal and such a great price for wireless freedom for working out, travelling or just studying.
- Flaking paint, no supportby Johnny
from Beaconsfield, QC on July 8, 2018
Paint will flake off the earphones in hot humid environments. Mine happened to two separate pairs while sitting on the beach in the Caribbean. I thought the first time was a fluke, exchanged them at the store. Second time, they told me to contact Jaybird. Support is basically non-existent. It took them seven months to return an email. Very very bad experience.
- terrible fitby Raine
from Victoria, BC on June 16, 2018
I tried all the tips and could not get the headphones to fit and stay in my ears. I could hear the surrounding sounds and could not enjoy my music. Also, I was given bogus info on their return policy, by two different staff persons.
- Greatby Taryn
from Hague, SK on June 4, 2018
They work so good. Vary good sound and there my number one buy. Good range could be better. I will ceap buying their x series and can't wait for the x4s to come.
- Poor fitby Dave
from Burlington, ON on May 28, 2018
Sound quality is ok but you must download the app or its terrible. The fit is awful. I have tried every combination of fins, ear tips and over the ear/ under the ear. I am constantly having to stick them back in after they fall out simply by picking something up off the ground.
- terribleby Rob
from Surrey, BC on May 20, 2018
lasted one year used maybe 20 times battery will not hold a charge anymore and constantly disconnects the minute you start to get sweaty
- Return Policy