Google Chromecast Ultra
Enjoy all of your endless entertainment options in breathtaking 4K with Google Chromecast Ultra. This premium TV streaming device takes the best from Chromecast and throws in faster processing speeds and up to 4K UHD and HDR picture quality. Plug it into your TV, connect to your Wi-Fi network, and enjoy up to 4K content, all controlled using your mobile device.
- More Information
- Delivers all your favourite features from Chromecast, while adding quicker processing speeds and up to staggering 4K UHD and HDR picture quality
- Offers a super quick and easy way to enjoy immersive 4K video and more on your TV; use your mobile device as a remote to stream content to your TV set (texting or calling won't interrupt your streaming)
- Allows you to easily navigate a whole world of entertainment all from your smartphone or tablet; just tap the Cast button in your favourite Cast-enabled app to display content on your TV
- Even if you don't have a 4K TV, it provides the best possible picture quality for your TV
- Delivers faster streaming speeds and more reliable connectivity; includes an integrated Ethernet adapter as an option in case of slow Wi-Fi connections
- Setup is easy; just plug it into a wall socket and your TV, visit chromecast.com/setup, connect your mobile device to your TV's Wi-Fi network, and start streaming content
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android devices, Mac, Windows, and Chromebooks
- *4K- or HDR-capable TV and reliable broadband internet connection are needed to view content in 4K or HDR
- Details & Specs
- Missed Opportunity With 'Ultra'by Baz
from Whitby, ON on July 14, 2018
Google could have nailed it with the Ultra, if they had only included a 3.5mm jack. This iteration of this product should have consolidated the Chromecast Audio feature with the original Chromecast. I want a portable casting device that can plug into a TV via HDMI, but I should also be able to plug this into an 3.5mm audio device such as a portable speaker when a HDTV or HD Receiver are not available. What's the point if I have to buy a separate Chromecast Audio anyway? Missed opportunity Google - I wouldn't consider this 'Ultra'. Long live the 3.5mm standard!
- Works as advertisedby Bjoern
from BRANDON, MB on July 3, 2018
This gadget is basically "plug'n play". The pairing process with my Google Home Mini via my Android tablet was very easy. The picture quality is perfect (for my standards - it runs on my older 42" 1080p TV) and response time is very quick....Love it.
- Very goodby Kouakou
from Edmonton, AB on December 21, 2017
Since I got this (August 2017), never had problem with it. I have cable but don't use it anymore. The kids love it and keep watching their favorite movies through this Chromecast Ultra. The pictures ares great as cable pictures
- Great product works well and it's extremely fastby Stan
from QC on November 28, 2017
This is an awesome product and works well with most if not all chromecast apps. Purchased it to replace my Chromecast because I wanted to use an ethernet connection instead of wifi the it's faster than the chromecast 2015 the 4k resolution and hdr are nice extras.
- Easy setup, but 4k?by Steve
from Markham, ON on September 12, 2017
I already had the previous Google Chromecast and needed the 4K. Although I'm on a highspeed wireless network, the video mirrored from my Samsung S7 was far from 4K quality even though it was recorded in that quality. I still like this product very much for its versatility, but question the quality for the extra price.
- Desktop Mirroring is barely usableby Ted
from Vancouver, BC on July 4, 2017
I had to return the Chromecast Ultra after a couple days of usage because I need to mirror the desktop onto a large 42" TV. There is so much lag that it is barely usable.
- Unbelievableby Ralph
from Woodbridge on June 17, 2017
EASY to install on my Onkio receiver. Seems impossible that a small device can keep a so high technology. I hope it can last and be reliable.
- Works Great..by Evil
from Lethbridge, AB on May 16, 2017
Plugged it into my stereo receiver, and it connected right away.. Super fast response..
- Mitchell From Ontarioby Michael
from Calgary, AB on March 14, 2017
Hey Mitchell, I know it is more expensive, But since you mention you were using a Macbook, you should have just went with an Apple TV. We use them at my work to display HD content from our iMacs to tour TV's. works like a charm.
- Extremely pleased with this device!!by Marshall Wiebe
from Regina, SK on March 13, 2017
I bought the first Chromecast when it came out and I loved it, I still use it today. I just got this one, and I love it, too! Load times are so quick!! Unfortunately my display is only 1080p, so I have not tested it's 4k capabilities, but so far so good.
- Return Policy