Google Chromecast - Charcoal Grey
With Google Chromecast you can watch movies, sports, television shows and more. All you have to do is plug Chromecast into your TV's HDMI port and you can watch content from over 1000 apps streamed directly from your smartphone. Plus, Chromecast and Google Home connect seamlessly to give you convenient voice control.
- More Information
- Stream from your phone to TV by simply plugging Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV
- Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more, all while using your phone as you normally do
- Compatible with over 1000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, and Google Photos, letting you view shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more
- Chromecast and Google Home work seamlessly together, so you can choose what you want to watch from compatible apps and control TV hands-free by saying "Ok Google"
- Chromecast offers an easy and affordable way to expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV
- Details & Specs
- Good idea badly implementedby Christopher Witkowski
from Sault Ste. Marie, ON on December 4, 2018
Works OK on the minority of material that allows "casting", but, for most of what I want to view I don't get the option to "cast". If I try the screen mirroring thing it only works for static material like a web page. When I view a video it comes out low res and pixelated and jerky along with jerky sound (the image on the tablet is OK). It gets stuck all too easily. This usually happens when I accidentally touch the screen on another video on the page. I should be able to just back out, but, instead, I have to go the Google app and disconnect the cast there before I can go back to the page to continue the video I want. Tried a couple of other apps besides the Chrome browser. Firefox produces same results as Chrome browser. Unable to try Opera - it seems to require some additional software that is not available for tablets. VLC is OK provided no "conversion" is required in which case there are performance problems which can very from a very brief glitch every several seconds to molasses in January. Some of the problems seem to be performance issues, but, there is no documentation that indicates the hardware required. My tablet has a 1.3GHz quad-core cpu. Wi-Fi is 802.11g (54Mb, analyzer says 65Mb). Router also supports 802.11n, but, it doesn't look like the tablet or chromecast do.
- Really fast (Gen 3)by Joshua
from Thornhill, ON on November 15, 2018
This is 3rd generation chromecast. (Released Oct 2018) I had 1st generation chromecast. Compared to the first one, this is blazing fast. Almost no boot up time. Very pleased.
- Return Policy