Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum - Nickel
Have pets at home? It wouldn't show at all after using the Dyson V8 Animal cordless stick vacuum. Not only does it bring back a lot of the same great features from the V6, it also sports some key enhancements including a more powerful motor, stronger suction power, longer battery life, and an even more effective direct-drive cleaner head.
- More Information
- Dyson-engineered suction power uses 15 Radial cyclones across 2 tiers that work together to enhance airflow and spin dust and dirt out of the air and into the bin
- Dyson digital motor V8 produces 20% more suction power than the V6, delivering top-notch performance for any cleaning job
- Lithium-ion battery delivers up to 40 minutes of fade-free suction and features a trigger grip that releases instantly to ensure battery power is only used for vacuuming
- Max power mode can be easily selected and offers up to 7 minutes of greater suction for harder jobs
- Whole machine HEPA filtration system captures allergens and releases air that's cleaner than the air you breathe thanks to its completely sealed design
- Converts from a stick vacuum into a handheld vacuum, giving you the flexibility to clean your car or do other small jobs where you can't use a larger vacuum
- Hygienic dirt ejector removes dust from the bin in a single, convenient action
- Balanced, lightweight design weighing only 5lb gives you floor-to-ceiling cleaning so you can easily clean stairs, vents, or cobwebs on the ceiling
- Direct-drive cleaner head provides 150% more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 Plus vacuum, driving the stiff nylon bristles deep into carpets to remove even more ground-in-dirt
- Mini motorized tool has stiff nylon bristles, ideal for removing pet hair and ground-in dirt from furniture, car interiors, and other tight spaces
- Rigid crevice tool is ideal for cleaning baseboards and slipping in between tight places and under hard-to-reach areas
- Combination tool has a soft-bristled opening to clean dust from tight spaces
- Ergonomic grip cradles naturally in your hand so it's comfortable to hold and offers excellent control
- Bagless hygienic dust bin empties easily at the push of a button
- Docking station keeps attachments organized and the machine charged
- Details & Specs
- Longtime skepticby Serge
from Lasalle, QC on December 17, 2018
This is the best vacuum so far I have ever used. It is very easy and quick to use which cuts your vacuuming consedrably compared to wired ones. We use almost daily passing the kitchen floor in about 3-4 minutes total as you just take it off the charging station and ready to go. We were looking at V10 at first to get the latest model hence most power but when v8 was on 30%sale it did not make sense to pay twice the price for V10. V8 regular power is enough for any regular vacuuming therefore 40mins battery juice is adequate for 3level townhouse 460sq ft each level with 4 flights of stairs. In fact, during 1 month use we have not depleted the battery competely once so far. Because of its easy of use you use much more often (than wired one) for shorter periods of time. Definitely recommend this when on sale. For regular price you would rather get a V10 since the price difference is not that huge but just under 1grand for a vacuum is quite pricey, so hunt for sale.
- Handy Dandy, wish the battery life would last longer!by Claude Masse
from Edmonton, AB on May 4, 2017
The cordless feature and the great suction makes it for a good vacuum to have around . What would make me happier would be to have a longer battery life or a. back up battery similar to my power tools.
- Dyson v8 Animal Stick Vacuumby June
from Dartmouth, NS on March 28, 2017
I bought this straight from the Dyson company. The vacuum picks up very well as long as the dirt is not much larger than a piece of ash. After every use if you don't thoroughly clean both filters, wash and allow 24 hours to dry it will not work. It will just cut out. When changing the attachments they are very hard to get back off to put power handle back on. The dirt container is very small and when emptying it sometimes gets stuck and will not close. Maybe I got one that was made on a Friday or Monday but I would never buy another one. Way too much maintenance, is very flimsy in the materials used, It does not pick up anything unless it is extremely fine. In my opinion, it is not worth the price!
- Great, Except for...by Andrew K
from Toronto, ON on January 30, 2017
The vacuum is great overall, except for when using the motorized head on one very specific kind of low-pile carpet. This is a known issue and there are lots of comments. Basically, it sucks--- so good that there isn't air to separate the head from the floor and it stops working... If you have low pile carpets, borrow someones and try it out first. It works great on the other three kinds of carpet we have (also low pile) and the hardwood. Just not this one specific (in our main living room) carpet. Ughhh!
- nice, lite, power and cordless what more?by Gerry
from Sudbury on January 23, 2017
The title says it all, very handy and innovative. Love it.
- Fabulousby KB
from Dundas, ON on January 17, 2017
Love it! The best cordless vacuum I've ever had. Easy to use. Lightweight. Good suction. Lots of great accessories.
- Love this vacuum!by Shelly
from Halifax, NS on January 16, 2017
Love that there is no cord, I just grab and go with it. Lots of suction power and I never run out of battery with this model. A little more expensive but worth every penny.
- My experienceby Daniela Nyvltova
from Toronto, ON on January 13, 2017
Very disappointing. A very short battery life, not designed for serious vacuuming. Very over-priced for what it is. Sorry.
- Love it!by Christine
from Coquitlam, BC on January 13, 2017
Purchased this during the Boxing Day Sale. We have two cats and it picks up their hair easily. Love the small power head for stairs. So much easier to move/clean my home with this over our old canister vacuum.
- Well Worth the Moneyby Craig Penney
from Guelph, ON on January 5, 2017
Firstly, it performs very well as a vacuum cleaner. It's easy to use, easy to empty and it doesn't require disposable bags or filters. Secondly, it takes vacuum cleaning from a chore to an easy task. We replaced a Hoover canister with the Dyson and now there's no more lugging the thing around, wrestling with the hose or finding a place to plug it in. It's a snap to take the Dyson from it's charging station, do a quick clean up and put it back. We have a 1300 square foot bungalow, with a full finished basement, and it's no problem doing the entire house on one charge. There are a number of attachments but there are two, other than the large motorized floor head, we really like. The small motorized head is great for cleaning the carpets and seats in the car. The brush attachment is really good for cleaning lampshades, the top of the living room couch, the computer keyboard and the dashboard vents in the car. Yes, it's a lot of money for a vacuum cleaner, but it's so well designed and so easy to use that it's money well spent. We highly recommend it.
- Return Policy