Denon AVRS740H 7.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver
Immerse yourself in the action with the Denon 7.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver. Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X incredible sound is complemented by the visual experiences of Dolby Vision, HDR, HLG, and 4K video upscaling. Built-in HEOS technology lets you stream your favourite apps, or play your audio files via the front-panel USB.
- More Information
- 75W power capability per channel (RMS) provides the right amount of power to create that perfect movie theatre experience in the comfort of your own home
- High-performance 7.2 channels bring quality picture and sound to your television
- 4K Ultra HD 60Hz full-rate provides exceptional picture quality without lag
- Supports 3D audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X for clear listening
- HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility and HLG support allow crystal-clear viewing of your favourite movies and shows
- 4:4:4 colour resolution offers bright whites and solid blacks for fantastic contrast
- Six HDMI inputs and one output to easily connect your favourite peripherals
- HDCP 2.2 support on all HDMI inputs for copy-protected content
- Bluetooth and AirPlay connectivity for wireless music streaming from your smart devices
- Compatible with HEOS Link for multi-room music streaming from all your favourite sources
- Smart TV connectivity to control the AVR with a TV remote
- ARC and HDMI-CEC support for seamless pass-through of the latest picture and audio coding from your TV to the AVR
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology allows you to stream the most popular music services from all of your favourite devices and allows Amazon Alexa voice control
- Compatible with Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant
- Conveniently play MP3, WMA, FLAC, and MPEG-4/AAC audio tracks with front panel USB input
- Four Quick Select buttons on the front panel stores your preferred audio settings for each source
- Easy out-of-the-box experience with Denon guided setup assistant, award-winning advanced Graphical User Interface and the Denon 500 Series Remote app
- Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for seamless control of your AVR with your iOS or Android device
- Sleep timer allows you to set it in 10-minute increments (up to 120 minutes)
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear)
Power to perform
Exceptional picture and sound quality
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Details & Specs
- Set Upby Grinch
from Horsefly,B.C. on December 18, 2018
Set up from a 7.2 to 5.1 micro speaker system was a nightmare. Help line was useless because they don't work weekends. No manual(except on line) so the "Set Up Wizard" only added to the confusion. Once connected the sound was great.
- Excellentby silvio
from Montréal, QC on December 13, 2018
Very good. In addition it works with Alexa after new update even though it is not indicated on technical spec.
- Okay but complicatedby Doug
from Mossbank, SK on December 13, 2018
Anything with a 274 page manual is complicated. That may make it perfect for sound gurus but not for the average person. The sound is okay, but the volume is not heard until the volume meter is more than 50%. Picture quality is good. To be honest, I liked my Onkyo much better. I still have one problem, I cannot get the analog satellite signal to output through the HDMI to the TV.
- Buy it, you won't regret it!by Andrew
from Cornwall, ON on November 22, 2018
Bought this Denon receiver a few months ago for my 5.1 setup and haven't looked back. I had first bought a cheap Pioneer unit to try to save a bit and returned it within days and spent a bit more for this one. It's a great receiver packed full of the latest features and it puts out a great sound. WiFi is a great feature and 4K HDMI inputs make dealing with multiple devices a breeze. Calibrates easily with the included microphone and would suffice for most people, but I still did a bit of fine tuning to get it to sound the way I like it. If you're thinking about it, just buy it!
- A Great receiver for the price!by Paul B.
from Laval, QC on November 20, 2018
I just picked this receiver up to pair with a new LG OLED TV; first of all let me tell you, I thought the new TV had a really great image until I connected it with the Denon AVRS740H receiver. It was a mind blowing experience as to how much better the TV image improved. As for this receiver's sound; all I can say is wow. You need to hear it to understand what I mean. My advice is that when you are setting up this receiver, take your time as it is a process albeit made easy using the included microphone and the system's Audyssey Setup. I made a couple of tweaks after this setup , mainly to my subwoofer setting and now have a system that I thoroughly enjoy. This was one of my best decisions; I highly recommend this.
- Amazing Mid-Level Receiver!by Eric
from Airdrie, AB on November 18, 2018
I purchased this to upgrade a 5.1 network receiver that didn't have 4k. Spent the extra money and I have no regrets! I have yet to find anything wrong with this unit. It is really easy to set up and calibrate. My surround experience is so much better now. I thought that the simple looking remote wouldn't give me enough usability, but now love the more basic remote, you don't need anything more! This thing has everything the above average theatres setup needs!
- Return Policy