Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (MX492)
The Canon PIXMA MX492 all-in-one inkjet printer offers printing, copying, scanning and fax, as well as WiFi connectivity for convenient, wireless printing from your mobile device. This model sports a 30% reduction in size for a better fit in more limited spaces. It's loaded with time-saving features, including an automatic document feeder.
- More Information
- Compact size, at 30% smaller than previous MX models, is easy to fit in various places
- Versatile WiFi-enabled machine allows you to print photos or documents from your mobile device, or print and scan wirelessly using convenient features like PIXMA Printing Solutions
- Use Google Cloud Print and AirPrint to print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet practically anywhere in the house or office there's WiFi connectivity
- Fully integrated automatic document feeder can hold up to 20 sheets
- Hi-speed USB for fast data transfers between your computer and the printer
- Prints up to 4.4 ipm (images per minute) in colour and 8.8 ipm in black
- 4800 x 1200 dpi blank and colour print resolution for quality and detailed photos and professional-looking documents
- Flatbed scanner at 600 x 1200 dpi scans up to 8.5" x 14"
- Optional XL ink cartridges allow you to print longer before replacing them
- My Image Garden software compiles all your favourite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print, in one software application for convenient access
- Organize photos with calendar view and facial recognition using My Image Garden
- Compatible with Mac or PC
- Details & Specs
- Terrible choice in printerby terry
from Calgary, AB on September 17, 2018
Cant say a whole lot of good about this printer. If its not connection issues every time you go to use its any other number of errors like jamming brand new paper and saying load paper while there is paper in with the casette closed and engaged as it should be or any other thing that could go wrong. If youre thinking about buying this i would keep looking. i cant recall a time ive used this thing in the last year since buying that it hasnt taken atleast 30 minutes of F'ing around with it for a simple print. Garbage just an awful product.
- Worst printer in existenceby Chris
from Toronto, ON on September 12, 2018
I never break stuff, but I got so frustrated with this printer I actually physically destroyed it!! Never buy one! Over complicated. User interface completely not user-friendly. You would save more time and money going to the library and printing there. Even that will be faster than using this printer!! Please, don't buy it!
- It is so badby Jim
from Calgary, AB on July 14, 2018
nope, returned it after 10 days. just not working. connectivity is a hit and miss. good luck
- do not buy!!!by Natalia
from Toronto, ON on July 5, 2018
The worst printer and scanner I have ever head. It NEVER EVER detects wifi so you have a huge problem with scanning anything. Colors are faded. It is hard to manage, very difficult to set up anything. Horrible!!!
- Awefulby not happy
from Burlington, ON on May 4, 2018
Not happy, would work for 1 day then next day not over and over again had to reinstall every day. I had a printer for 12 years paper never once jammed or gave me a single problem. it became obsolete to windows 10 I had installed. That is how I thought printers were.Good reliable functioning products. Now garbage. I read reviews for first time and am shocked that as consumers we THINK we have to tolerate this. Not acceptable in an age where we are advancing? This piece of crap jammed first time and there after.
- Recommend looking elsewhereby Tom
from Ottawa, ON on April 10, 2018
DISCLAIMER: I have a PIXMA 432, not this exact model. That said, I don't think I will consider Canon again. The drivers were bloatware, loaded with features I will never use. The self cleaning function was all but useless, and unlike other inkjet printers, I couldn't figure out how to remove the printheads for a physical cleaning. While I got the WiFi to work OK, I couldn't get my PC to recognize the physical connection. This meant scanning, a feature I wanted, didn't work. Print quality was just OK. But due to the printhead problem, the unit was scrap after only 2 years -- and I don't print all that much. Saving grace? It was only 50 bucks on sale. Still, I wished I had spent a little more and gotten better.
- DO NOT BUY!!!!by Heather Cline
from Campobello Island, NB on February 28, 2018
I am a real estate agent and thought I was making a wise investment...it runs out of ink less than two days, when scanning important documents, it shifts them to the side, then snags them. The printer has basically never worked, have to go to the library for printing, and the scanner has always been hit and miss, but now it's wait 15 minutes for one page. All the good reviews (the ones that start negative but end with a positive "I figured it out" five stars) are likely fake. I live three hours from purchase site, or else I would've taken it back. This machine has probably hurt my business, as well, and, from what I've heard, a good printer can be bought for way less.
- Wifi doesn't work,by Marcin
from Montréal, QC on February 21, 2018
Wifi doesn't work, and the unit constantly has to be restarted.
- Good Printerby Aaron S
from Brampton, ON on February 20, 2018
Great value for the price. The bad reviews are really unwarranted. Set up is easy and all the features that a printer should have are there.
- Excellentby Denny
from Sarnia, ON on January 11, 2018
Great printer for the price, video really made setup an ease
- Return Policy