ASUS ZenBook 14" Laptop - Grey (Intel Core i5-8250U / 256GB SSD / 8GB RAM / Windows 10)
Stay productive and creative anywhere you go with this ASUS 14" ZenBook UX430UA laptop, which features a brilliant Full HD 1080p NanoEdge bezel display, Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB solid state drive. Built-in Wi-Fi and integrated Bluetooth add wireless connectivity, while a micro HDMI output lets you connect to a secondary HD display.
- More Information
- 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8250U processer and 8GB of DDR3 RAM deliver solid and reliable performance for effortless everyday computing and more
- 256GB solid state drive loads files quickly and has fewer moving parts than a traditional hard disc, minimizing the risk of malfunction
- 14-inch wide-view NanoEdge bezel display with a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 presents images, videos, apps, software, and other content in crisp, crystal-clear detail
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gives you the freedom to connect to wireless networks at home, at the office, or to hotspots when you're on the go
- Bluetooth functionality allows you to wirelessly connect a range of compatible devices, such as a gaming headset or external speakers
- Total of 3 USB ports (1 x USB 3.1 Type C, 1 x USB 3.0, and 1 x USB 2.0) make it easy to expand functionality by connecting a range of peripherals, such as a printer, keyboard, and mouse
- Micro HDMI output lets you connect the laptop to an HD monitor or HDTV for use as a secondary display
- Preinstalled with Windows 10 operating system, which features a refined internet browser, improved Start menu, digital assistant with Cortana, universal Windows apps, and much more
- Built-in fingerprint reader offers secure 1-touch login via Windows Hello feature
- Details & Specs
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Not Worth Your Moneyby Joseph
from Toronto, ON on February 6, 2019
Honestly, I bought this laptop about 13-14 months ago, mainly because I know Asus is reputable and usually comes out with good products....but not this one. Issue #1: Coil Whine like almost everyone else has stated. Super annoying and ridiculous considering the fact that I can't even go through a web page without hearing this awful sound. Issue #2: Random shutdowns that result in loss of work and a waste of time. I am hearing that others are also having this issue, and in order to start it up again, we need to hard reboot the laptop. This is unacceptable as Asus is a major company that is known for quality motherboards, etc. Issue #3: Keyboard is very flimsy, my enter key has broken, and there is literally no online store that sells the Canadian ENTER key, which makes my life as a student even more difficult as I'll have to ship this damn thing out to fix it. Issue #4: Overheating......As others have said, this laptop is prone to run hot. I've noticed that even on idle, with no programs running, this laptop gets hot, again, unacceptable for a thousand dollar (Including Taxes) laptop. I expected better from Asus, and I'm sad to say that I have given up on them. They should really just stick to making components instead of building crappy laptops that most people end up complaining about. Even though I am a windows person, I would suggest buying a Macbook for couple of hundred dollars more as it will last you years! Horrible experience and a waste of money. I've gotten to the point where I am wasting time writing this review in order to warn others to not buy this laptop.
- Was I wrong a year ago!!!by Andy
from Toronto, ON on January 3, 2019
On Nov 24, 2017 I left a positive 5 star review after using this unit for 2 weeks. Now in just over 13 month I totally regret this purchase. Basically the unit is going to trash. One month after warranty expired unit is having inconstant reboot / shut down problem. Geek-squad took a look at it and advised that it is a hardware problem which will require to replace the mother board (cheaper to buy a new laptop) or a possibility of a broken ribbon cable between the base and the screen which is at least a few hundred dollars repair.
- Great at first, quality falls quicklyby Naomi
from Toronto, ON on November 12, 2018
I purchased my Asus Zenbook only 3 months ago, and at first, the battery life (~8 hours) was great, and it performed well during lots of simultaneous tasks. Within 3 months though, the battery life has dropped to 4 hours (after painstaking efforts to only charge the laptop when it was fully dead and then to 100%) and the computer has already crashed multiple times during regular work (I do not game). I had definitely thought I was upgrading from my previous laptop but do not think the Zenbook will realistically last me more than a year or so, much to the chagrin of my wallet.
- Return Policy