ASUS Wireless AC2900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router (RT-AC86U)
Stream your favourite victory song; the battle for bandwidth has been won with the RT-AC86U AC2900 dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi router. NitroQAM technology handles even the busiest home networks without breaking a sweat, while built-in WTFast game accelerator and Adaptive QoS deliver lag-free online gaming and smooth 4K streaming.
- More Information
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi router boosts speeds up to 2917Mbps for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K streaming, and snappy file-sharing
- 4x4 antenna design with AiRadar universal beamforming offers unrivaled Wi-Fi range
- Up to 4x capacity MU-MIMO technology gives every compatible device its own dedicated full-speed Wi-Fi connection so multiple devices can connect at the same time without slowing down the network
- RangeBoost technology powerfully enhances your coverage while also significantly improving long-range throughput
- Powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core processor router offers download/upload speeds up to 1600 Mbps and USB data transfers up to 110 MB/s
- Exclusive built-in game accelerator from WTFast lets you enjoy smooth gameplay in supported multi-player online games
- Boost your gaming bandwidth with Adaptive QoS (Quality of Service), which allows you to easily prioritize gaming packets and activities
- AiProtection with Trend Micro for triple-strength network security, plus robust parental controls and privacy protection
- ASUS Router App gives you easy access and control of your network from setup to day-to-day management wherever you are (Android & iOS)
- Intuitive ASUSWRT user interface gives you easy access to both the 3-step web-based installation process and a wealth advanced options
- Details & Specs
Wireless Networking Features
Wired Networking Features
Network Security / Management Features
- Great Performance...until it died 2 weeks laterby Rob T
from Halifax, NS on January 15, 2019
Worked great out of the box, easy to set up, really improved the WIFI in the home and had a handy app to log into it with. had no problems until it just decided to stop broadcasting wifi, 5 minutes later it just started powering off and on, never regaining the WIFI or wired connection. Power cycled 5 times, hit the reset switch, couldn't log into the router with app or manually through the IP. So there's that. 2 Stars as it was great while it worked and -3 stars for dying 2 weeks after being opened.
- Poor qualityby Grant
from Surrey, BC on January 15, 2019
The first one just went to out of service after 2 days running. it rejects connections even after factory reset. Then I made an exchange, it turns out the 5G network keep dropping packets, the user can not use the 5G network. Totally a waste of money, I need to go back for return.
- Poor prioduct supportby Don Snider
from Windsor, ON on December 14, 2018
If you purchase a wireless router made by Asus be prepared to do without wireless service in your home when it stops working. I purchased the AC2900 router May 29th 2018. On November 13th 2018 it stopped working. What I wanted was to return the router to Best Buy in exchange for a new one. Best Buy would not do the exchange. I was told to deal with Asus. Asus product support told me that they would do some over the phone trouble shooting but if that didn't work I would have to send the router back to them for repair without a replacement while the repair was done which could take weeks. In my view, Best Buy should replace the router and deal with Asus themselves. So, heads up when buying products like this from Best Buy. They will not provide the support that you might expect.
- Return Policy