ASUS VivoBook 15.6" Laptop - Dark Grey (AMD Quad-Core R5-2500U/256GB SSD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)
Enjoy fast and reliable computing everywhere you go with the ASUS VivoBook 15.6" laptop. It features a 2GHz AMD quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB solid state drive for powerful performance. The 15.6" Full HD display boasts 1920x1080 resolution to deliver a high-quality, immersive multimedia experience.
- More Information
- 2GHz AMD quad-core R5-2500U processor and 8GB of DDR4 RAM deliver whip-fast performance for all your day-to-day needs
- 256GB solid state drive provides plenty of storage space for your most important files, photos, music tracks, videos, and more
- 15.6" Full HD matte display with a native resolution of 1920x1080 is perfect for surfing the web, managing email, and creating documents
- Integrated 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity make it easy to connect to your home network from the couch or the dinner table, or to any Wi-Fi hotspot for on-the-go computing
- 3-cell Li-ion battery with a 42Wh capacity gives you hours of wireless computing
- Ethernet port offers the option of connecting directly to your home network for potentially faster and more reliable bandwidth
- Four USB ports (2 x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type C) make it easy to connect a range of additional peripherals, such as a headset or wireless speakers
- HDMI output gives you the option of connecting the laptop to an external monitor or HDTV for use as a secondary display
- Preinstalled with Windows 10 operating system, featuring a refined internet browser, improved Start menu, digital assistant with Cortana, universal Windows apps, and much more
- Details & Specs
Storage & Memory
Inputs & Outputs
- Display is Difficult to Readby Jim
from Red Deer, AB on December 21, 2018
I bought this laptop for our son and compared it with my Acer Aspire R14 which is approaching three years old. (It has a 14-inch display.) When I do a Bing search with my Acer, the results come up crisp and clear with blue headings and black for the small print. The screen can be read from a wide viewing angle. The same search on the ASUS gave faint blue for the small print, which was very difficult to read. The viewing angle was narrow. The display was easier to read if the display was opened to just the right angle. I did not want our son to have to strain his eyes to read the display and returned the computer. Best Buy's return policy is great! I wish that I could give this computer a higher rating. It has the features that I like and appears to be well built. The AMD processor in the ASUS seems to be a little slower responding than the Intel i5 in my Acer, but this is not a serious weakness. I feel that there are too many models of laptop computers. If ASUS cannot put a good display in this model and keep the price the same, they should scrap it and urge customers to buy a higher price model, which I hope would have an acceptable display.
- Love this cool and quiet laptopby Don
from Toronto, ON on December 20, 2018
For video playback, web browsing and document editing, you'll barely hear the fan spinning. I can put this laptop on a blanket, play a 4K video on youtube, and forget about overheating.
- Great laptop very expandable. great budget allrounderby josh
from Leduc, AB on December 15, 2018
i picked this laptop up on sale for 599, so i believe i got a great deal, but i think at the 799 its priced at now it is still a good laptop. especially with the easy expansion. expansion: inside the laptop there is a 250gb m.2 ssd and there is 8gb of soldered in ram. they also left an empty sata hard drive slot inside the computer and they added a ram slot if you wanted to go up to 16gb battery life: exellent, deffinatly enough to get you through a few classes or a could hours of web browsing, i played 2 hours of gaming this morning on a half battery and it still had some charge left! ports: more than enough 1xusb3, 1x usb c, 2x usb 2, sd card slot, ethernet port, and hdmi screen : very nice looking, has a bit of flex. very good viewing angle keyboard and trackpad: keyboard is very good, just like any other asus, trackpad is fine, i still use a usb mouse. power: the rizen 5 and vega graphics are very good for the pricepoint. no problems multitasking and it can run older games like mafia 2 at high settings and it can run sewer titles at low settings. so not good enough for a dedicated gaming laptop but it is more than enough to play a couple smaller games over all, i would 100% buy this computer again. very satisfied especially for the 599 sale price i got it for
- Wife loves it !by Tony
from Niagara Falls, ON on December 13, 2018
Her 8 yr old HP was getting pretty finicky, especially since our 7 yr old grandson dropped it. I brought this one home today and she loves it. She doesn't get frustrated waiting anymore. Nice machine......Happy wife.....Happy life!
- Wow, Great Affordable Gaming or Anything Laptop!by Mary Jane
from Surrey, BC on December 8, 2018
I picked this up on sale for a present and tried it out for myself first. Super fast solid state drive. The boot up is in seconds not minutes and everything just works better. Thin and cool, I tried out Fortnite just to see how it would go, and it was awesome! A friend told me the graphics is equal to a gtx 1050 mobile and I believe it. Love it! great screen too.
- Return Policy