NETGEAR Arlo Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Security System with 4 720p Cameras - White - Only at Best Buy
Help safeguard your home under the watchful eye of the Netgear Arlo smart home security system. Suitable indoors and out, it features 4 weatherproof, wire-free cameras that record super-clear HD footage you can access from virtually anywhere thanks to a free app on your smartphone or tablet.
- More Information
- 100% wire-free: Each camera in this Netgear Arlo Smart home security system sports a 100% wire-free design, giving you the freedom to set it up pretty much anywhere you want.
- Easy WiFi connectivity: Arlo cameras work over 802.11n/ac WiFi. All you need to do is connect the base station to your router, sync the cameras, and download the free Arlo app.
- Create an extensive camera network: This system comes with 4 cameras, and allows you to connect up to 15 cameras to the cloud (additional cameras sold separately). Watch up to 4 cameras at the same time.
- In the know, on the go: This system gives you the ultimate convenience of securely accessing your footage in real-time from anywhere using the free Arlo app on your smartphone or tablet. You can even rewind and review up to 1GB of free cloud video footage to see if anything out of the ordinary
- Convenient motion alerts: Arlo cameras have motion activation capabilities. You can program the cameras to monitor certain areas at certain times for any signs of motion and then notify you immediately by email or via the Arlo app if there's any activity.
- Crisp HD video: The security cameras record content in crystal-clear HD 720p so you can make out every detail when looking over your footage. Whether you're viewing footage of your kids coming home from school or figuring out that commotion in the living room was only your dog bounding around, you'll see everything in sharp high definition.
- Wide angle: The camera lenses boast a wide angle of 130 degrees to capture more in the frame.
- Night vision capability: The cameras are equipped with night vision, so they'll work tirelessly day and night to give you the peace of mind you need. Whether it's a dark basement or back deck in the middle of the night, these Arlo cameras have got you covered.
- All-weather design: The cameras are weatherproof, so feel free to mount them outside to keep an eye on your patio or backyard.
- Long battery life: This smart home system comes with 16 lithium CR123 photo batteries (4 for each camera) that will keep them going strong for a period of 4 to 6 months. This is great, as you'll benefit from the versatility of wireless cameras without having to frequently change the batteries.
Security is something we should all be concerned about. Whether you run a small business or have kids at home, you want peace of mind that your home or office is protected when you're not around. The Arlo wireless security system can give you that sense of security, recording what's happening on 4 cameras and allowing you to watch this footage on your mobile device. Check when the kids have come home from school, or survey the office for suspicious activity when you're on vacation. With Arlo, security is simple.
Why you need this:
- Details & Specs
- easy set up howeverby robert
from Brantford, ON on November 11, 2018
the set up was a very easy process , downloading app was simple, however, the system is not designed for 24-7 video. it only takes small video when motion is triggered, and the subject must be within 15 feet of the front of camera.and yes I had cameras set at 100 percent . will be returning item to store and getting a system with 24-7 video that I can review . this system take batteries and they don't last that long. had system running for two days and battery life has dropped 10 percent already.
- Not for Cold Weatherby CatJuggler
from Thunder Bay, ON on January 13, 2018
I went through multiple problems with this system. Most problems stemming from cold weather. Problems like connection issues. If you can't connect, there is no security. Other annoying problems are pink camera images, night vision not working and recording starting after the subject has left the image frame. I had enough patience to fix problems first time around but not the second, which occurred again a week later. After consulting NetGear support, (which in itself is an exercise in patience) on multiple issues I finally had enough and returned the system after using it for less than a month. It nice having a system that is wireless but the persistent problems suggest that its just not suitable for Canadian climates or they just haven't perfected it enough prior to releasing it. I for one am tired of companies using consumers as beta testers.
- no windows supportby glenn.m
from calgary on January 6, 2018
disappointed they have no apps for windows, you cant use with a surface tablet or PC they should clearly mark or the packaging does not support windows
- Great Productby Ravi
from Surrey, BC on December 26, 2017
These cameras work great. I don't understand why some people are complaining. There are several ways to configure the recording process, quality, alerts etc. If you have lousy Wifi or a huge area to cover, ofcourse there will be problems. For a 4500 sq ft home these work great. I have 2 outside, and 2 inside. I live in Vancouver so there's tons of rain and cold temps and no problems with these cameras. I get about 4 - 5 months out of my batteries (use a good brand like duracell or energizer). The cheap batteries willl not last long. Picture quality is excellent. Mounting and installation is a breeze. I would say hardwired cameras are the ideal route, and more inexpensive but most finished homes will not allow for running wires etc. These cameras are the perfect solution.
- Slow to respond, poor sensitivityby Walter Greening
from Rocky Mountain House, AB on November 27, 2017
I bought this for an acreage. I set the sensitivity up to 100% because it was only recording after the person or object had left the frame. That included vehicles. night vision is very poor it only gives you enough quality to see that their is a person there. As far as security it is not very functional. If you use the live function on it there is some opportunity to view the areas the camera is set up but only if the areas has light. I positioned all the cameras outside. They were positioned as far from the house as 150 m away and still have communication with the base station The system took about a 6 hrs to set up and position all the cameras.
- Very Happyby Steve Bellefontaine
from Halifax Nova Scotia on November 26, 2017
I have the Arlo HD pro 2 cam setup and theywork as advertised. For people complaining about lag and such is cause their wifi connection / internet sucks. I dont have this issue that they talk about. They should learn more about internet and wifi setups before blaming it on a product that actually works off their wifi network so its the peoples internet issue not the product!
- We're quite pleasedby Leo
from Moncton, NB on November 23, 2017
We bought the 4 camera set a few weeks ago. It was easy to set up cameras and our Arlo account. The site is easy to monitor and to search to problem solve. Compared to other brands, this comes with a 7 day free cloud. One of us gets instant notices on cell phone, which is by the bed each night and email notifications are delayed a few seconds. I would rate it a 5 but it's the battery life that is disappointing, with it being new to us, we watch live activity outside the camera sensor range. The videos are easy to save to computer and the reason for our purchase was due to someone driving in and around our area, who shouldn't be here. It has already paid off for us, sharing the videos captured of that person in social media, their activity has slowed down. We had to play with the placements of the cameras and are now set in place. We have bought rechargeable batteries for all 4 cameras and will buy more magnetic mounts to place in other areas of the yard. We also plan on buying silicone skins to make them more discrete and protect from the sun rays reflecting on things making the camera activate. Camera activated when a cat walked past. We are well pleased.
- Do NOT buyby Audrey
from Whitehorse, YT on November 21, 2017
Bought this system last summer and here we go just into winter and they do not work in cool temperatures at all. Not meant for areas that get snow that is for sure. Amazed that his was the system that they suggested we buy. What a waste of money!
- Not worth it.by 5 stitch
from Abbotsford, BC on July 31, 2017
I wanted something to catch potential burglars. This system does not have strong enough motion sensor to pick up people walking unless they are about 10 feet away. With the lag due to wireless, you are lucky if you catch peoples face. I see the letter carrier come up to the house every day, and I only catch a short glimpse. It should turn on as he is comes up the driveway, but doesn't actually turn on until he is at the top of the driveway, just steps from the house. So, if someone walks up to our vehicle the camera won't turn on. Totally bummed, wish I would've bought a wired system and taken the time to install it properly.
- BUYER BEWARE!!by Shannon Burke
from Tofield, AB on April 6, 2017
Purchased a set of these back in November 2016 after a break-in at our place. Then made the horrible mistake of buying two additional units, which has me at four units plus the station. These are garbage for actual security. The picture is quite clear and they are accessible through the Arlo website which is very user friendly. MAJOR problems however for me are: 1- They only pick up motion after a delay, so when you walk at normal speed past the camera, all you end up seeing is the back side of you. Often all I see in my library is captions of nothing, as they 'kick in' too late. 2- BIGGEST ISSUE I'm currently having is units randomly going 'offline'. I've had this happen four times in the past two weeks, this morning (April 6, 2017) finding three of my four cameras offline. You'll need to remove the unit, take out then replace the batteries. You'll then need to reinstall, balance, and hope the caption is where you want it or do it all again. I have two of these outside my property that require extension ladders to access, so this is a MAJOR pain, not to mention if I do have a break in all I can do is pray that all the cameras are 'online'. 3- Batteries are expensive (4/camera) but they do last 3-4months ONLY if you remember to turn off the cameras when you don't need them, if not expect to replace them every month. Hope this helps, don't want anyone else going through this frustration, having to deal with a extremely poor help centre.
- Return Policy