Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa - English - Black
Your voice-controlled cyber sidekick, the compact Echo Dot is a big help around the house. It uses Alexa to play music, read the news, set alarms, and more. Simply ask, and Alexa will dim the lights, increase the temperature, or lock the front door. Even in a noisy room, Echo Dot recognises your voice and responds.
- More Information
- Your voice-enabled PA: Echo Dot connects to Alexa -- a cloud-based voice service -- to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more.
- At your beck and call: When you want to use Echo Dot, simply say "Alexa," and 7 specially engineered microphones hear and recognize you from across the room, from any direction -- even while music's playing.
- Home comfort at your command: Echo Dot syncs seamlessly with your smart home setup, and lets you switch on the lamp, turn on the fan, change the channel, lock the doors, dim the lights, and more without lifting a finger.
- Smart home compatibility: Echo Dot works with devices such as lights, switches, TVs, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobee, and Wink.
- Alexa keeps you connected: Place a call or send a quick message to anyone who has an Echo or the Alexa App, while Drop In lets you connect instantly with family and friends, and even other Echo devices in your home
- Stream playlists with your voice: Hands-free voice control makes searching for music a cinch with services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn, and you can stream other popular music services like iTunes from your phone or tablet thanks to Bluetooth technology.
- Built-in speaker: With Echo Dot, you can stream your favourite playlists, or connect to bigger speakers or headphones using a 3.5mm stereo cable or Bluetooth.
- Multi-room enjoyment: Tell Alexa to play the same song across your all compatible Echo devices for whole home enjoyment, or play classical music in the kitchen, rock music in the den, and jazz in the living room to cater to everybody's tastes.
- Always getting smarter: Echo Dot adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences, so the more you use it, the more intuitive it becomes.
- Increasingly capable: When it comes to skills and capabilities, the growing list of what Echo Dot can do is already in the thousands -- use Echo Dot to order a pizza from Domino's, request a ride from Uber, track your fitness with Fitbit, and much, much more.
- Details & Specs
- Alexa, You Complete Me!by Jenny Blake
from Los Angeles, CA on September 29, 2018
I'm in love with my echo dot!! It's made my life so convenient. I don't need to hire an assistant now! And its super compact, so it doesn't take up much space in my tiny, tiny apartment. I'm definitely going to buy my parents one. They get so confused with all the technology out there and I know they'll love how easy the voice commands are. Also, to be honest, I never really thought about getting one, but then I saw this hilarious comedy sketch on this product placement website called Prodducts (with two d's) and I caved and bought one. They have a bunch of free trials and cool deals and funny stuff!
- Too early to buy but could be cool in the futureby Disappointed
from Calgary, AB on January 20, 2018
Cool concept but not ready for Canada. Very limited skills available. Likely great for US buyers. FYI if important to some customers. Does not connect to Vivint in Canada. Vivint website does not specify that it is not compatible in Canada. Not sure if it is Vivint or Alexa holding this up. Does not connect to Sonos in Canada. Once again not sure if Sonos or Vivint holding up.
- Excellent voice assistantby Cam
from Chilliwack, BC on January 3, 2018
Great for listening to music and controlling smart home! Continuously upgrading!
- Works with insteonby Jack
from Calgary, AB on December 18, 2017
Although I purchased the Echo 2nd gen (not dot) I like the connectivity to my insteon home automated system. I wish that it was free to operate but it doesn't cost too much per year. My brother also has insteon but has the echo dot(s) 1st gen and he was impressed by how fast I can control my lights.
- Alexa and iHome Do Not Work Togetherby atomicboy
from Toronto, ON on December 9, 2017
The Alexa iHome Skill is not available in Canada so the iHome devices do not recognize each other. Need iHome in English(CA).
- Canadian product doesn't have the full "Skill" set.by Randy
from Vancouver, BC on December 6, 2017
Bought this product to work with my Insteon home automation system that they boast about. Found out that "Skill" is only available in the US. Looking at it there are very few skills available in Canada. Don't buy (yet maybe).
- Return Policy