Alienware Aurora Desktop PC (Intel i7-8700/1TB HDD/16GB Optane/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060/Windows 10)
Immerse yourself in the game and dominate the competition with the Alienware Aurora from Dell. This VR-ready, dual graphics-ready PC features a 3.2GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, and a big 1TB hard drive. AC Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet, and multiple USB 3.0 ports let you connect and expand.
- More Information
- 3.2GHz Intel Core i7 8700 six-core processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz provide superior power for heavy gaming and multi-tasking
- 1TB hard drive gives you lots of space to store all your software, games, photos, movies, music, and documents galore
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 6GB of dedicated video memory delivers exceptional, super-smooth visuals and opens the door to a jaw-dropping virtual reality experience
- 20 different colors can be used to create more than 8,000 themes for personalized appeal
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi works to maximize your Wi-Fi range and amplify your wireless signals to deliver silky smooth streaming and gaming even from long distances
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet port offers a secure and reliable wired connection for potentially faster download and upload speeds
- Built-in Bluetooth offers wireless connectivity to a wide variety of devices, like keyboards, headsets, and printers
- 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports, 1 SuperSpeed 10Gbps USB 3.1 Type-A port, 1 SuperSpeed 10Gbps USB 3.1 Type C port, and 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C
- HDMI and DisplayPort out for connection to your choice of gaming monitor or big screen TV
- VR-ready, with a range of systems and custom configurations to support virtual reality platforms like Oculus or HTC Vive
- Area-51-inspired thermal ergonomics, with front and right air intakes and an exhaust fan on top to optimize airflow and internal component cooling
- Meticulous, zero-fat design wastes no space while making no compromises on performance and upgradability
- Supports custom upgrades with available 8th Gen Intel core processors factory overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all 6 cores
- Tool-less upgrade design and PSU swing-arm makes it easy to add memory, hard drives, and graphics cards
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system uses API DirectX 12 with multi-thread scaling to deliver immersive, realistic graphics
- Details & Specs
Inputs & Outputs
- Bought for game devby Audrey-Rose
from Montréal, QC on December 20, 2018
Bought this computer for game development as a beginner. So far everything runs perfectly. zBrush and Maya run on this no problem, Unreal Engine too. Had it for almost a month. No complaints yet, but let's not jinx it! At most I might upgrade the graphics card later on, but the 1060 is more than enough to do what I have to do.
- Greatest Gaming Coumputerby REX
from Scarborough, ON on December 2, 2018
-75 FPS ON ALL triple-AAA title, ULTRA EVERYTHING, settings. -faster than fast i7 8thgen -lighter than usual gaming desktops -Intel Optane makes boot up less than 20secs, similar to ssd -lots and lots of SS USB ports(fast data transfer USB) -All the negative reviews are about the PC being to loud! OF COURSE WHAT DID YOU EXPECT IT IS A GAMING PC. -Water cooling isnt vital for gaming
- don't waste your time with this.by dave
from Oakville, ON on November 26, 2018
Went through two of these in a couple months. First one had a hardware issue causing it to not shut down or go to sleep. Second one worked fine, until it just decided it wasn't gonna boot up one day. Was happy I could return it and put the price of this towards a different computer.
- pcby john
from Saint Albert, AB on November 15, 2018
I highly recommend this pc but there is one problem that I keep having for some reason it keeps shutting off or restarting
- Perfect for all but one thing...by George Fares
from Hamilton, ON on October 28, 2018
I've had this computer for three months now, and I love it. The graphics card is excellent and plays lots of games at ultra for 60Hz very easily with very minimal stuttering. The 16gb of ram, while clocked at 2666MHz is not great, the 16gb intel optane memory makes startup of the computer and apps extremely fast. The pc is also very efficiently well made (except for a small mess of cables in one corner), it has two ssd expansion slots (which should really be for extra memory, the optane in that m.2 slot makes things just as fast with an hdd). The intel core in this thing can be left alone to do its thing, very efficient. No bloatware on this thing as well which is a HUGE plus for me. The lighting could be better as you can't exactly animate the lights on the pc and are limited to about 19 colours and off. The software from dell that keeps this thing running and checked up is very clear and helpful as well. For the cons however, If loud computers aren't your thing, you may want to be cautious. I bought this pc and after finding out the fans can get quite quick i bought two corsair fans about 15 dollars each, and they run a lot quieter. It's also worth mentioning that the pc makes it a screw-less fan switch which is very intuitive. No cons other than that. If you want a nice reliable pc that doesn't have any performance deterioration, this is the computer for you. Excellent compatibility, not a single crash or error and highly modular. Alienware have outdone themselves with this one for sure...
- gr8 itemby fatty
from Pincourt, QC on June 24, 2018
very good item ever made
- Reality is different from product descriptionby Rahat
from Calgary, AB on May 22, 2018
I purchased this computer one week ago even after reading negative reviews on bestbuy.ca. As you have read, most negative reviews are complaining that this PC does not have water based cooling. Yes, it does not have one and product description doesn't say it either (as of May 22, 2018). Other negative reviews complain about fan noise. Other descriptions and reviews about this computer are fine but I have following things to clarify to other buyers: 1) One of the product photo is wrong, yes the one most serious buyers look at (yes, the back view). The graphics card is missing from the photo. The card that comes with this PC takes upper two slots and provides 1 HDMI, 3 Display ports, and 1 DV output. 2) It does not have a water based cooling and I do not think Canadians need one. Our computer desks are colder than the desks in rest of the world. What about fan noise? Thermal controls in Alienware command center (app that comes with this machine) allow you to manually adjust fans sensitivity so that you are not bothered by noise during everyday computing. In my experience, this machine is as quite as my other desktops (no complaints about noise). 3) While the Audio Output description lead me to believe that this computer comes with a Creative sound card, It doesn't. It comes with a Realtek on board card. Based on my experience, I would recommend buyers to buy and explore this machine. It is generally a nice piece of hardware but product descriptions and photos on bestbuy's website are fairly inaccurate.
- loudby alienware
from Oshawa, ON on April 11, 2018
the fan is very loud and the temperature of CPU and GPU gets very high
- fans are really loudby harry
from Richmond, BC on April 3, 2018
its the old one, not water cooling system, be carefully. its really loud if you playing games.
- Value, performance, superior build qualityby Evan
from Winnipeg, MB on April 1, 2018
This computer has exceeded my expectations. The build quality is excellent - I appreciate the subdued look of the case versus the more obnoxious cases of other manufacturers. I also really like the ability to change the colour schemes. The new i7-8700 blows the i7-7700 out of the water, and the more than competent GTX 1060 6gb plays 99% of all new games at ultra-settings. My only disappointment is the small SSD, though this case is easy to open and I intend to add extra space later. I'm impressed by the quality of Intel's Rapid Storage utility, which puts the small 16gb SSD storage to its best and most efficient use. This lack of a "true" dual-drive shouldn't be a deal breaker for most people - it wasn't for me. I highly recommend this Alienware desktop - it's an excellent value, has great performance, and fully meets my high expectations. I researched new gaming PCs and laptops for several months before purchasing.
- Return Policy