Tablets & iPads
- Amazon Fire 7 8GB FireOS 7" Tablet With MediaTek MT8127 Quad-Core Processor - Black(5)$49.99SAVE $10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5" 32GB Android O Tablet With Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 8-Core Processor - Black(7)$349.99SAVE $80
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 12.3" 128GB Windows 10 Tablet with 8th Gen Intel Core i5 - Platinum(79)$1049.99SAVE $130
- Microsoft Surface Go 10" 64GB Windows 10 S Tablet With Intel Pentium Gold Processor - Silver(353)$479.99SAVE $50
- Microsoft Surface Go 10" 128GB Windows 10 S Tablet With Intel Pentium Gold Processor - Silver(168)$649.99SAVE $50
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 12.3" 256GB Windows 10 Tablet with 8th Gen Intel Core i5 - Black(43)$1299.99SAVE $230
- Apple iPad Mini 2 Wifi Only 2nd Generation 7.9 inches 32gb Gray, Refurbished(0)$197.95SAVE $202Marketplace seller
- Amazon Fire HD 10.1" 32GB FireOS 6 3G Tablet With MT8173 Quad-Core Processor - Black(0)$159.99SAVE $40
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" 32GB Android Tablet with Qualcomm APQ8017 Quad Core Processor - Black(15)$229.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" E Lite 8GB Android 4.4 Tablet with Spreadtrum T-Shark Quad-Core Processor-White(33)$99.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7.0" 8GB Android Tablet - White - Open Box (10/10 condition)(0)$69.99SAVE $60Marketplace seller
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" 64GB Android O Tablet With Qualcomm MSM 8998 8-Core Processor - Black(3)$869.99
Productivity & Entertainment with Tablets and iPads
Tablets have come a long way since the days of chiselling inscriptions onto flat stone slabs. Sleek and portable, these mobile devices are the ideal solution for staying connected, entertained, and productive while you’re on-the-go or just sitting on the couch. Best Buy carries a large selection of Apple, Android, and Windows tablets and we're here to help you find the best tablet.
Why Should I Choose a Tablet or iPad?
It's a connected world out there. Smartphones, Smart TVs, home automation, and wearable tech have created ecosystems, bringing forth interconnected digital systems that shape our everyday lives. A tablet is a perfect addition to that ecosystem.
Take a look at what technology you currently own. If you're primarily an Android user with Android compatible tech, it's probably best to stay within that group of products. Same goes for Windows or Apple. While many apps are cross-platform you'll find a better level of integration between like-minded devices.
Apple's iPad uses the iOS mobile operating system which should be familiar to iPod or iPhone users. Incredibly light, powerful and portable, iPad makes it easy to do the things you love to do, anywhere. Wherever you are, you’ll have an incredible tool for work, play and discovery If you own Apple devices such as Apple TV, an iPad is ideal as you'll get the integration you need, for things such as AirPlay, that you can't get with Android or Windows devices.
Unlike iPads, Android tablets are made by a wide variety of manufacturers. Options are limitless with an Android tablet. Android is a mobile OS that’s designed to be easily customized to give you total control over your work, play, and everything in between. The Android platform allows devices from different manufacturers to work together within your Android ecosystem. For example, if have Chromecast, a Google device, you can access it from a Samsung, Sony, or ASUS tablet. This gives you the freedom to choose the tablet that's right for you.
Windows tablets offer the same ecosystem integration as Apple and Android. What sets Windows tablets apart is their ability to multitask and have multiple apps open at the same time. Plus, the latest models can run full versions of Windows 10 and Office 365. Another option for Windows enthusiasts is a growing selection of 2-in-1 devices that combine the portability benefits of a tablet with the power and productivity of a laptop.
What features should I consider when selecting my device?
That's going to depend on what you're primarily using it for. Work? Entertainment? Or maybe to create? Whatever you're using it for there are some basic things you'll want to consider.
As we already mentioned, the operating system (iPad/Android/Windows) is a very important consideration. In addition you’ll find need to consider tablet size and screen resolution, if you need a full-sized keyboard (do you prefer if it is attached?), storage capacity, battery life, the variety of apps available for that device, and perhaps processing power.
A tablet's processor, screen size and resolution, storage capacity and capabilities, battery life, app selection, and accessories are all important features that'll help determine which is the best tablet for you.
Some people need access to their mail and the internet from wherever they are. A cellular tablet will give you the freedom to connect to the web over a cellular network. Offering greater coverage than Wi-Fi, cellular connections like LTE, 4G, and 3G allow you to do everything you love to do on the web, in more places.
There are even specially designed tablets for children. They’re often considerably cheaper and designed to be kid-friendly. Kids’ tablets are pre-loaded with games, puzzles, and educational material for children; these tablets are also built to be durable. Some have expandable memory, and Wi-Fi that supports and limits access to child-approved websites.
If you're on a tight budget a Geek Squad Certified Open Box or refurbished tablet might be worth considering. All Open Box tablets are thoroughly tested by Geek Squad to meet stringent performance standards, so you get high-end tech that’s as good as new at a lower price point.
Want more info? Check out this resource: