Gaming Desktop Computers
- CyberPowerPC Gaming PC (AMD FX-6300/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/AMD Radeon RX 560/Windows 10) - English(473)$749.99SAVE $250
- Acer Predator Orion 3000 Gaming PC (Intel Core Ci7-8700/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX 1070)(7)$1999.99
- Dell Inspiron 5680 Gaming PC (Intel Core i5-8400/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX 1060/Windows 10)(7)$1399.99
- HP Gaming PC (Intel Core i5-8400/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/12GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/Win 10) - Eng(13)$999.99SAVE $300
- ASUS TUF FX10CP Gaming PC (Intel Core i5-8400/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX1050/Windows 10) - English(8)$799.99SAVE $100
- HP Z230 GAMING SFF WS,Intel Core I7-4790,16G RAM,120G SSD+2TB,DVD-RW,GTX 1050 TI 4G,WIFI,BT 4.2,WIN10 (EN/FR)-Refurbished(1)$799.99SAVE $600Marketplace seller
- ASUS ROG Strix Gaming PC (Intel Core i5-8400/1TB HDD/128GB SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX1050/Windows 10)(15)$1299.99
- Acer Nitro Gaming PC (Intel Core Ci7-8700/16GB Optane/2TB HDD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX 1060/Windows 10)(13)$1349.99SAVE $250
- HP Omen Obelisk Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-8700/2TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/GeForce GTX 1060) - Bilingual(5)$1899.99
- ASUS ROG Strix Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-8700/1TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX1070/Windows 10)(8)$2199.99
- HP Pavilion Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-8700/3TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060) - Eng(11)$1498.97
- Alienware Aurora Desktop PC (Intel i7-8700/1TB HDD/16GB Optane/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060/Windows 10)(12)$1699.99
- CyberPowerPC Gaming PC (AMD FX-6300/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GT 730/Windows 10) - English(19)$769.99
- HP Omen Obelisk Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-8700/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070) - Bilingual(4)$1799.99SAVE $200
- ASUS ROG Strix Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-8700/1TB HDD/128GB SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX1060/Windows 10)(10)$1799.99
- Acer Nitro Gaming PC (Intel Core Ci5-8400/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX 1050/Windows 10) - Open Box(1)$889.99SAVE $100
- HP Pavilion 690-0067c Gaming Desktop - Shadow Black (Ryzen 7 1700/16GB RAM/1TB HDD/Windows 10) - Refurbished, English(0)$799.99SAVE $200Marketplace seller
- ASUS ROG Strix Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-9700K/2TB HDD/256GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA RTX 2080) - English(1)$3499.99
- iBUYPOWER BB952 Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-8700/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070) - English(200)$2299.99
- HP EliteDesk 800G1 GAMING SFF,Intel Core I5 4570 3.2G,8G RAM,120G SSD+2TB,GTX 1050 2G,DVD-RW,WIFI,BT4.0,W10(EN/FR)-Refurbished(2)$548Marketplace seller
- Dell Alienware Steam Machine - i7 4785T, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX, Steam OS(0)$619SAVE $481Marketplace seller
- Dell Gaming PC (Intel i7-8700/1TB HDD/128GB SSD/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060/Windows 10)(4)$1599.99
Gaming Desktops | FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Gaming Desktops FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
A gaming PC is a high performance computer that can handle any task you throw at it, with ease. Video games (of course), but these powerful computers also make a good choice for intensive applications like video editing, 3D modelling and virtual reality.
What Makes a Computer a Gaming PC?
The key to a gaming PC is speed. That means high-end specs, and high performance components. A dedicated video card is the heart of the system, providing a far superior experience to integrated graphics. Everything else is also bumped up in a gaming PC: a powerful CPU, plenty of high-speed RAM, more (and faster) storage, ultra-fast networking, bigger fans and a high capacity power supply for all those components.
Choosing a Video Card
There are a wide range of video cards offered with gaming PCs. You’ll want to pick the right one because everything from the resolution to textures and effects levels depends on the video card. It’s always a good idea to check the requirements for your favourite video games (the manufacturers will list recommended cards). Popular choices include the Nvidia GeForce GTX series and AMD’s Radeon RX series. Ideally, the video card should have 4GB or more of dedicated video RAM.
For virtual reality fans, the Oculus Rift requires at least a GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290.
What Kind of CPU Should I Look For?
While the video card is critical to gaming, the CPU is also important. Look for a high performance quad-core processor that supports a high clock speed. Intel’s Core i7 or AMD’s FX processors make good choices. The latest CPUs from these industry leaders are the 7th generation Kaby Lake from Intel and the Ryzen 7 series from AMD.
RAM and Storage
Gaming PCs use fast RAM (like DDR4-2133) and lots of it. You may be able to get away with 8GB of RAM, but 16GB is an increasingly common choice. Gaming PCs need a large storage capacity for all those game installs, but benefit from speed. Look for a configuration that combines a 7200rpm hard drive for storage capacity, with an SSD (256GB is common) for speed.
What About a Monitor
To make the most of your PC gaming experience, choose a computer monitor that makes the most of your graphic card’s capabilities. Look for high resolution (many games now support 4K), a big screen and a high refresh rate. A monitor that supports Nvidia G-Sync or AMD FreeSync technology will provide incredibly smooth gameplay when paired with a supported video card. You might even choose to opt for the immersive experience of a curved monitor, or a multi-monitor setup. While you can connect your own sound system, many monitors feature built-in stereo speakers.
Want more info? Check out some of our resources: