- HP Pavilion Desktop PC - Silver (AMD Ryzen 5 2400G/2TB HDD/8GB RAM/AMD Radeon Vega 11) - English(3)$599.99SAVE $200
- Acer Aspire XC Desktop PC (Intel Pentium Quad Core J5005D/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/Intel UHD Graphics 605)(1)$399.99SAVE $200
- HP Pavilion Desktop PC - Natural Silver (Intel Core i5-8400/1TB HDD/128GB SSD/8GB RAM/Win 10) - Eng(12)$899.99
- HP Pavilion Desktop PC - Ash Silver (AMD A10-9700 / 2TB HDD / 8GB RAM / Windows 10) - English(7)$499.99SAVE $200
- Dell 390 Tower, Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz, 12G RAM, 2TB HDD, DVD-RW, WIFI, BT 4.0, Windows 10 Home (EN/FR)-Refurbished(3)$289.99SAVE $110Marketplace seller
- Dell T3500 TW,INTEL XEON QUAD (4) CORE 2.66GHz,24GB RAM,2TB HDD,DVDRW,WIFI,BT 4.0,Nvidia Quadro 600,W10(EN/FR)-Refurbished(2)$439.99SAVE $360Marketplace seller
- HP 6000 Desktop PC, C2D E8400 3.0G CPU, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, DVD, Windows 10, Refurbished(1)$95SAVE $64Marketplace seller
- DELL OptiPlex 790 SFF Desktop PC Computer Core i5 2400 16GB RAM 2TB HDD Win 10 Pro Keyboard Mouse WiFi (Refurbished)(0)$399Marketplace seller
- HP Pavilion Desktop PC (AMD A12-9800 / 1TB HDD / 16GB RAM / AMD Radeon R7 / Windows 10) - English(12)$799.99
- Refurbished HP 8200 USFF, i5-2400S @ 2.5Ghz , 4GB DDR3 , 250GB HDD, Win 10 Home(0)$112.99SAVE $112Marketplace seller
- HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF Desktop PC Computer Core i7 3770 16GB 256GBSSD + 1TB HDD DVDRW Windows 10 Pro WiFi -Refurbished(0)$509.99Marketplace seller
- Refurbished HP 8200 USFF, i5-2400S @ 2.5Ghz , 8GB DDR3 , 120GB SSD, Win 10 Pro(1)$169.99SAVE $129Marketplace seller
- Lenovo M91 Desktop PC, i5 2400 3.1G CPU, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, DVD, Windows 10 Professional, Refurbished(1)$199.99SAVE $130Marketplace seller
- DELL OptiPlex 790 Desktop PC Computer Core i5 2400 16GB 256GB SSD Windows 10 Professional Keyboard Mouse WiFi -Refurbished(0)$379.99Marketplace seller
- HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF Desktop PC Computer Core i7 3770 16GB 256GB SSD DVDRW Windows 10 Pro WiFi -Refurbished(0)$479.99Marketplace seller
- Dell Optiplex GX960 TW, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz, 8G RAM,500G HDD,DVD,WIFI,NVIDIA Quadro FX1700,W10H(EN/FR)-Refurbished(2)$159.99SAVE $100Marketplace seller
- Lenovo ThinkCentre M92 SFF Desktop PC Computer Intel Core i7 3770 16GB 240GBSSD DVD Windows 10 Professional WiFi (Refurbished)(0)$499.99Marketplace seller
- Refurbished HP 800 G1 SFF, I5-4570 @ 3.2GHZ, 8GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, No Optical Drive, Win 10 Pro(1)$239SAVE $160Marketplace seller
Things to Consider When Buying a Desktop Computer
Perfect for every budget, everyday desktop computers give you just what you need for all your day-to-day tasks.
Best Buy carries a wide selection of everyday desktop computers including brands such as HP, Compaq, Lenovo, and Acer.
Everyday Desktop Computer Basics: Processor, RAM, and Storage Capacity
When it comes to processor, RAM, and hard drive the more power and capacity you have, the better the performance. However, if your computing needs are relatively modest (emailing, web browsing, social media, etc.) then an everyday desktop will be more than sufficient.
Everyday Desktop Computer Connectivity Options
In this bandwidth-hungry age we live in you're going to want to consider your everyday desktop PC's connectivity options. Technologies such as Gigabit Ethernet and Wireless N will definitely come in handy if you're streaming HD content or have multiple users and applications that need to access your network at the same time. Also, Bluetooth 4.0 is a handy feature for connecting wirelessly to mobile devices or wearable technology.
Everyday Desktop Computer Operating Systems
It might not seem like there's a lot to consider, but even the decision to move from Windows 7 to Windows 8 might be a large jump for some people. Beyond that, you might need to consider choosing between Windows 8 and Chrome OS. Windows 8 offers a powerful operating system with interactive tiles that offer you updates geared towards your interests. Chrome OS is intuitive, fast, and optimized for running web applications.
Other Considerations and Alternatives
Everyday computing desktops are built for all your day-to-day stuff: emailing, surfing, social networking, word processing, etc. Plus, everyday desktop computers carry enough processing power to handle things such as high-resolution video playback, light photo editing, and a whole host of other tasks that require a good amount of power and performance.
Those with more modest needs and limited space, they might want to consider a mini PC. They feature basic specs and small, space-saving form factors.
All-in-one computers can be an attractive choice for the space-conscious but who also need the power and performance of an everyday desktop computer.
If you're dealing with a lot of media, such as video rendering, RAW image processing, or high-end gaming, you're going to want to take a serious look at a performance or gaming PC.
Barebones PCs are for those who want full customization over their computers. While everyday desktop computers have internal expansion and customization options available, they are limited. So, hardcore do-it-yourselfers will likely find barebones PCs more to their liking.
Refurbished desktop computers often have specs similar to lower-end everyday desktop computers and carry a lower price tag. Refurbished systems go through rigorous testing to ensure they're in like-new condition and offer a great low-cost option for everyday computing.